- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 31, 2015
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 30, 2015
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- People should always be skeptical when evaluating weight-loss products
- OP-ED:The Destruction of 'Forced Pooling'
- UPDATING ... 'Furious 7' Gonna Roll
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: St Kitts-Nevis election fiasco: Symptom of a bigger problem
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
Marshall University clinical psychology doctoral program celebrates 10 years
Dr. Penny Koontz, assistant professor of psychology, said the celebration will begin April 12 with a social/mixer from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. at Diversified Consulting Services, 1401 Chestnut St. in Kenova. The event is open to Psy.D. alumni, students and faculty, as well as to those participating in Saturday's conference. Cocktail attire is appreciated.
On the following day, Saturday, April 13, a conference for mental health professionals will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Corbly Hall on Marshall's Huntington campus. Mental health professionals from West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio who attend the conference will earn 5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). The conference's keynote address will be given by Dr. Thomas Ellis, a former Marshall University faculty member and current director of psychology at the Menninger Clinic and professor of psychiatry in the Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Other presenters will include alumni of the Marshall Psy.D. program.
Conference information and online registration can be accessed through Marshall University's website at http://www.marshall.edu/psych by clicking on the tab for "PsyD 10 Year Anniversary Celebration." Online registration is preferred; however, persons may register at the conference for an additional fee beginning Saturday at 8 a.m.
For further information, persons may contact Koontz, who is also the conference chair, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.