- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Man Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Queen Elsa Appears Saturday
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
Marshall University clinical psychology doctoral program celebrates 10 years
Dr. Penny Koontz, assistant professor of psychology, said the celebration will begin April 12 with a social/mixer from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. at Diversified Consulting Services, 1401 Chestnut St. in Kenova. The event is open to Psy.D. alumni, students and faculty, as well as to those participating in Saturday's conference. Cocktail attire is appreciated.
On the following day, Saturday, April 13, a conference for mental health professionals will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Corbly Hall on Marshall's Huntington campus. Mental health professionals from West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio who attend the conference will earn 5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). The conference's keynote address will be given by Dr. Thomas Ellis, a former Marshall University faculty member and current director of psychology at the Menninger Clinic and professor of psychiatry in the Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Other presenters will include alumni of the Marshall Psy.D. program.
Conference information and online registration can be accessed through Marshall University's website at http://www.marshall.edu/psych by clicking on the tab for "PsyD 10 Year Anniversary Celebration." Online registration is preferred; however, persons may register at the conference for an additional fee beginning Saturday at 8 a.m.
For further information, persons may contact Koontz, who is also the conference chair, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.