- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- Council Asked to Approve Budget Restraints Following Negative Projection
- Top Films of 2014 with Guest Expert Input
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Marshall Athletic Ticket Office Announces C-USA Championship Operations
- Local writers Marie Manilla and Nicole Lawrence to read from their work at Marshall University
- Highlanders Triumph Over Midland
- Roller Girls Double Header Headed for Big Sandy
Herd Heads to Ohio for Midweek Tilt
Marshall (13-22, 3-6 Conference USA) took a 6-1 come-from-behind victory over the Bobcats last season by scoring five runs in the seventh to wipe away a 1-0 deficit. Seniors Nathan Gomez and Alfredo Brito had multiple RBIs in the victory which helped the Thundering Herd improve to 9-11 last season.
Ohio (8-26, 4-6 Mid-American Conference) was limited to three hits in the loss, one of which came from the team’s 2013 hitting leader in Jake Madsen. The first baseman is batting .324 with 19 runs and 24 RBIs.
Marshall’s hitting leader remains Andrew Dundon at .328. The sophomore is followed closely by senior Isaac Ballou (.321) who has a hitting streak of 12 games and a reached base streak of 27.
In their last time out, the Bobcats went to extra innings in games one and two of a three-game set against Akron. Ohio avoided the sweep with a 4-2 victory in game three. Leadoff man Nick Squires drove in three of Ohio’s four runs.