- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
Herd Heads to Ohio for Midweek Tilt
Marshall (13-22, 3-6 Conference USA) took a 6-1 come-from-behind victory over the Bobcats last season by scoring five runs in the seventh to wipe away a 1-0 deficit. Seniors Nathan Gomez and Alfredo Brito had multiple RBIs in the victory which helped the Thundering Herd improve to 9-11 last season.
Ohio (8-26, 4-6 Mid-American Conference) was limited to three hits in the loss, one of which came from the team’s 2013 hitting leader in Jake Madsen. The first baseman is batting .324 with 19 runs and 24 RBIs.
Marshall’s hitting leader remains Andrew Dundon at .328. The sophomore is followed closely by senior Isaac Ballou (.321) who has a hitting streak of 12 games and a reached base streak of 27.
In their last time out, the Bobcats went to extra innings in games one and two of a three-game set against Akron. Ohio avoided the sweep with a 4-2 victory in game three. Leadoff man Nick Squires drove in three of Ohio’s four runs.