- Former Mayor Kim Wolfe Breaks Silence; Williams Takes Credit for Foundations Laid in Wolfe Administration
- DEVELOPING.... Proposed Council Action Likely Wound Increase Movie Ticket Costs for Adults and Children
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Barboursville Holds Christmas Parade; Santa, Elsa, Marching Bands IMAGES
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
Herd Heads to Ohio for Midweek Tilt
Marshall (13-22, 3-6 Conference USA) took a 6-1 come-from-behind victory over the Bobcats last season by scoring five runs in the seventh to wipe away a 1-0 deficit. Seniors Nathan Gomez and Alfredo Brito had multiple RBIs in the victory which helped the Thundering Herd improve to 9-11 last season.
Ohio (8-26, 4-6 Mid-American Conference) was limited to three hits in the loss, one of which came from the team’s 2013 hitting leader in Jake Madsen. The first baseman is batting .324 with 19 runs and 24 RBIs.
Marshall’s hitting leader remains Andrew Dundon at .328. The sophomore is followed closely by senior Isaac Ballou (.321) who has a hitting streak of 12 games and a reached base streak of 27.
In their last time out, the Bobcats went to extra innings in games one and two of a three-game set against Akron. Ohio avoided the sweep with a 4-2 victory in game three. Leadoff man Nick Squires drove in three of Ohio’s four runs.