- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- Portsmouth Nuclear Whistle Blowers Tape Ralph Nader Radio Show
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Pro-Life Leaders Cole and Armstead to Address Pro Life Crowd
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall to host 44th annual speech and debate tournament for high school students
- Attorney General Morrisey Hails Historic and Unprecedented Victory Against EPA
- Marshall’s 47th Annual Jazz Festival to sound off Feb. 18-20
- Panda Hugs and Crafts Greet Marquee Pullman Moviegoers IMAGES
- "Elsa" Visits Children at South Charleston Library IMAGES
Herd Heads to Ohio for Midweek Tilt
Marshall (13-22, 3-6 Conference USA) took a 6-1 come-from-behind victory over the Bobcats last season by scoring five runs in the seventh to wipe away a 1-0 deficit. Seniors Nathan Gomez and Alfredo Brito had multiple RBIs in the victory which helped the Thundering Herd improve to 9-11 last season.
Ohio (8-26, 4-6 Mid-American Conference) was limited to three hits in the loss, one of which came from the team’s 2013 hitting leader in Jake Madsen. The first baseman is batting .324 with 19 runs and 24 RBIs.
Marshall’s hitting leader remains Andrew Dundon at .328. The sophomore is followed closely by senior Isaac Ballou (.321) who has a hitting streak of 12 games and a reached base streak of 27.
In their last time out, the Bobcats went to extra innings in games one and two of a three-game set against Akron. Ohio avoided the sweep with a 4-2 victory in game three. Leadoff man Nick Squires drove in three of Ohio’s four runs.