- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- Huntington City Council Agenda Tuesday October 13
- Severance tax collections continue to decline
- Presidential finalists named; on-campus interviews to be held Oct. 13-16
- Huntington Council Considers New Fire Equipment
- Fire Prevention Parade Passing Keith Albee IMAGES
- Cheer Competition Winners from Huntington's BSSA
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for March 29, 2013
- Over the River….to Grandparent’s House We Go
- Swim Stroke Refinement Camp being offered at the Marshall rec center
Herd Heads to Ohio for Midweek Tilt
Marshall (13-22, 3-6 Conference USA) took a 6-1 come-from-behind victory over the Bobcats last season by scoring five runs in the seventh to wipe away a 1-0 deficit. Seniors Nathan Gomez and Alfredo Brito had multiple RBIs in the victory which helped the Thundering Herd improve to 9-11 last season.
Ohio (8-26, 4-6 Mid-American Conference) was limited to three hits in the loss, one of which came from the team’s 2013 hitting leader in Jake Madsen. The first baseman is batting .324 with 19 runs and 24 RBIs.
Marshall’s hitting leader remains Andrew Dundon at .328. The sophomore is followed closely by senior Isaac Ballou (.321) who has a hitting streak of 12 games and a reached base streak of 27.
In their last time out, the Bobcats went to extra innings in games one and two of a three-game set against Akron. Ohio avoided the sweep with a 4-2 victory in game three. Leadoff man Nick Squires drove in three of Ohio’s four runs.