- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Sir Ronald Sanders Awarded Honorary Doctorate by University of The West Indies
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- "Ouija" Startles, But no Shrieks or Shocks Here
- 2014 Furbearer Trapping Seasons to Open Nov. 1
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
West Virginia Wounded Hero to receive home through the Military Warriors Support Foundation
The Military Warriors Support Foundation (MWSF) has been awarding mortgage-free homes since 2010 and has donated over 300 homes in 35 states, with a goal of 300 additional homes in 2013. The homes are fully renovated and accommodated for injuries, typically valuing between $150,000 and $250,000. These wounded hero families also receive 3 years of family and financial mentoring, to ensure they have all the skills necessary to be happy and successful home owners. The homes are for families who have severe and/or unique circumstances due to their injuries received in combat while serving our country.