- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 22, 2014
- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- Brockovich Protesting at US Supreme Court; Case Involves Water Contamination
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Intent to Distribute Heroin, Cocaine, Oxycodone
- Huntington Man Sentenced for Bar Shooting
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
Leonhardt Files Pre-Candidacy Papers
A veteran of Desert Storm/Desert Shield who served in the United States Marine Corps, Leonhardt and his wife own and operate a 380-acre farm in Monongalia County. Leonhardt says his experiences will help him help the district.
"For the last 80 years, career politicians in Charleston have discouraged job growth by creating an unfriendly business environment in our state," Leonhardt said in a statement. "With valuable natural resources and a willing work force, the 2nd senatorial district should be flourishing. My years as a small businessman, farmer and career in the Marine Corps have provided me with the right mix of leadership and experience to represent the people of the 2nd district in the state Senate. I pledge to fight every day on behalf of my fellow constituents for policies that will improve the lives of our district."