- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Three Arrestees Now Face Wanton Endangerment Charges for Whiskey Rocks Shooting Spree
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- U.S. Rep. Nick Rahall honors Ken Hechler in Congressional Record
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- FEMA Region III Promotes Action for America’s PrepareAthon
Leonhardt Files Pre-Candidacy Papers
A veteran of Desert Storm/Desert Shield who served in the United States Marine Corps, Leonhardt and his wife own and operate a 380-acre farm in Monongalia County. Leonhardt says his experiences will help him help the district.
"For the last 80 years, career politicians in Charleston have discouraged job growth by creating an unfriendly business environment in our state," Leonhardt said in a statement. "With valuable natural resources and a willing work force, the 2nd senatorial district should be flourishing. My years as a small businessman, farmer and career in the Marine Corps have provided me with the right mix of leadership and experience to represent the people of the 2nd district in the state Senate. I pledge to fight every day on behalf of my fellow constituents for policies that will improve the lives of our district."