- "Hobbit" Dominates Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- No Perfect Season; Marshall Loses in OT
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
Leonhardt Files Pre-Candidacy Papers
A veteran of Desert Storm/Desert Shield who served in the United States Marine Corps, Leonhardt and his wife own and operate a 380-acre farm in Monongalia County. Leonhardt says his experiences will help him help the district.
"For the last 80 years, career politicians in Charleston have discouraged job growth by creating an unfriendly business environment in our state," Leonhardt said in a statement. "With valuable natural resources and a willing work force, the 2nd senatorial district should be flourishing. My years as a small businessman, farmer and career in the Marine Corps have provided me with the right mix of leadership and experience to represent the people of the 2nd district in the state Senate. I pledge to fight every day on behalf of my fellow constituents for policies that will improve the lives of our district."