- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 20, 2014
- City Welcomes Intern for Promoting Events
- Green and White High School Football Record Setter on Screen
- Early Childhood Education Providers in West Virginia to Receive Online Resource Platform Developed by CCA For Social Good
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- CoreLogic: U.S. Had 49,000 Completed Foreclosures in June; Foreclosure inventory down 35 percent nationally from a year ago
- Marshall University to host Thundering Herd community kick-off event
- CFPB Takes Action Against Auto Finance Company for Distorting Borrower Credit Reports; First Investors Fined $2.75 Million for Knowingly Providing Inaccurate Information to Credit Reporting Agencies for Years
- Come and Be 'Frozen' by Elsa at Art Walk; Pullman Concert Series Follows
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
Annual Electronics Recycling Event Set for May 18 at the Momentive Performance Materials Plant in Friendly, WV
PRODUCTS ACCEPTED: Answering machines, camcorders, compact disc players, copiers, cell phones, duplicators, DVD players, electronic typewriters, fax machines, gaming consoles, hard drives, laptops, mobile phones, modems, pagers, personal computers (including CPUs, monitors, keyboards, mice and other peripherals), printers, printed circuit boards, radios, remote controls, stereos, tape players, telephones, telephone equipment, televisions, transparency makers, uninterruptible power supplies, VCR’s, word processors and other similar electronic items. Microwaves and small kitchen appliances will also be accepted.
PRODUCTS NOT ACCEPTED: Large household appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines, and air conditioners. Intact CRT monitors and televisions only; those previously stripped will not be accepted.
FEES: The event is free to the public. There is no item limit, but anyone with more than twenty items to recycle should call (304) 699-1007 or (304)-482-8051 to make special arrangements prior to the event.
This event is a collaborative effort between the Pleasants County Solid Waste Authority, the National Center for Electronics Recycling (NCER), the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection (WVDEP), ECS Refining, and E-Scrap Solutions. It is funded by the WVDEP’s Covered Electronic Devices Grant Program, a grant program created by the passage of Senate Bill 746.
Senate Bill 746, which became effective June 6, 2008, requires electronics manufacturers to register annually with the WVDEP. Registration fees collected are deposited in the Covered Electronic Devices Take-back Fund which is utilized to fund programs that divert covered electronic devices from the waste stream. Furthermore, Senate Bill 398 was signed into law during the 2009/2010 legislative session. The purpose of this bill was to facilitate the proper handling of end-of-life electronics. As of January 1, 2011, covered electronic devices (defined as televisions, computers or video display devices) may not be disposed of in a solid waste landfill in West Virginia.
For more information on electronics recycling or on the upcoming Pleasants County event, call the NCER at (304) 699-1007 or (304)482-8051, or contact Heather Smith at email@example.com. For information on other West Virginia e-cycling events and drop-offs, visit the Solid Waste Management Board website athttp://www.state.wv.us/swmb/RMDP/EWaste/Index.html.