- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- A License to Steal, Kill, Cover Up and Do it All Over Again
- City Hall Trick or Treat
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
Multi-Decorated Bomb Technician to Receive Mortgage-Free Home
Serving in Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD), Burgess disarmed, neutralized or destroyed improvised explosive devices (IED's), mitigated Unexploded Ordinance and conducted routine route clearance patrols in support of U.S. Army Engineering. He received a Bronze Star for mitigating a very unsafe unexploded projectile while under enemy indirect and direct fire.
After having suffered multiple traumatic Injuries, he was released to the Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division in Indian Head, MD for working duty and medical care at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Awarded Meritorious Service Medal from NAVEODTECHDIV for robotic tool development and EOD tool program oversight.
Burgess has received the following awards: Combat Action Badge, Bronze Star, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Badge(x2), Senior Explosive Ordnance Disposal Badge, Army Commendation Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal w/ 1 Campaign Star, Army Achievement Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal(2), National Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon.
He is currently attending Shepherd University and is active in both the Martinsburg and Charlestown American Legion posts.