- Huntington Shooting Under Investigation
- COMMENTARY: Doctor Needs Patient Support for Trying to Help
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Man Arrested by Huntington Police for Possession
- Herd4Christ to organize clothing giveaway
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
Multi-Decorated Bomb Technician to Receive Mortgage-Free Home
Serving in Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD), Burgess disarmed, neutralized or destroyed improvised explosive devices (IED's), mitigated Unexploded Ordinance and conducted routine route clearance patrols in support of U.S. Army Engineering. He received a Bronze Star for mitigating a very unsafe unexploded projectile while under enemy indirect and direct fire.
After having suffered multiple traumatic Injuries, he was released to the Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division in Indian Head, MD for working duty and medical care at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Awarded Meritorious Service Medal from NAVEODTECHDIV for robotic tool development and EOD tool program oversight.
Burgess has received the following awards: Combat Action Badge, Bronze Star, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Badge(x2), Senior Explosive Ordnance Disposal Badge, Army Commendation Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal w/ 1 Campaign Star, Army Achievement Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal(2), National Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon.
He is currently attending Shepherd University and is active in both the Martinsburg and Charlestown American Legion posts.