- Second What's Next Huntington Draws Crowd to HHS
- "American Sniper" Likely to Dominate Boxoffice Again
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Led by Miami Duo, @HerdFB Wins Inaugural Boca Raton Bowl
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: Our Christmas Schizophrenia
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
Multi-Decorated Bomb Technician to Receive Mortgage-Free Home
Serving in Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD), Burgess disarmed, neutralized or destroyed improvised explosive devices (IED's), mitigated Unexploded Ordinance and conducted routine route clearance patrols in support of U.S. Army Engineering. He received a Bronze Star for mitigating a very unsafe unexploded projectile while under enemy indirect and direct fire.
After having suffered multiple traumatic Injuries, he was released to the Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division in Indian Head, MD for working duty and medical care at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Awarded Meritorious Service Medal from NAVEODTECHDIV for robotic tool development and EOD tool program oversight.
Burgess has received the following awards: Combat Action Badge, Bronze Star, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Badge(x2), Senior Explosive Ordnance Disposal Badge, Army Commendation Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal w/ 1 Campaign Star, Army Achievement Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal(2), National Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Noncommissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon.
He is currently attending Shepherd University and is active in both the Martinsburg and Charlestown American Legion posts.