- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Yale Law School professor featured speaker as Amicus Curiae series begins at Marshall University
- OP ED COLUMN: Tax Reform Committee Is Covering All Ground
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Stadium Seats, Power Cords, and Other Product Recalls
WV Shot Film, "Miracle Boy," Wins Festival Top Prize
Based on the short story by WV writer Pinckney Benedict, "Miracle Boy" tells the story of a group of young boys bullying another, causing one boy to risk his life to make up for it. The film was directed by Jake Mahaffy at the University of Aukland, NZ, and produced by Jason Brown, Assistant Professor at Valdosta State University. The film featured music by Tim Rutili.
"Miracle Boy" had its World Premiere at the Venice Film Festival last year and has played at various film festivals since, including four this past Saturday: the West Virginia International Film Festival, the Nashville Film Festival, the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Film Festival and Indie Grits. It is next schedule to appear at the Maryland Film Festival in May.
Indie Grits, located in Columbia, SC, held its seventh annual festival this year supporting Southern film and art. Giving its top prize to a short film was such a rare occurrence, no one could verify if it had ever happened before.
"Miracle Boy" continues to play festivals across the country and needs support to do so. To learn about future screenings or how you can make a donation, visit MiracleBoy-Movie.com or Facebook.com/MiracleBoyMovie.