- EDITORIAL: Hypocritical Harry Gives Obamacare Another Surprise Blow
- FLASHBACK: Major Huntington Landfill Contaminants Could Relate to Solvents or to Cold War Activities at Uranium Processing Plant
- Delegate Mike Folk stands up for 2nd Amendment Rights in West Virginia
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- Guest Column
- University of Maryland Accepts Bid To The 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- IMAGES: Huntington High School Honored by Council, Mayor Despite Loss
- Toxic TCE Released to Huntington's Air Sept. 11-15, 2008, per EPA Settlement; Authorities not Immediately Notified of Release
- Contaminated Debris of Huntington Pilot Plant Transported by Truck in 1979
- Human Relations Commission Amendment Deletes “Handicap” Substitutes “Disabled”
WV Shot Film, "Miracle Boy," Wins Festival Top Prize
Based on the short story by WV writer Pinckney Benedict, "Miracle Boy" tells the story of a group of young boys bullying another, causing one boy to risk his life to make up for it. The film was directed by Jake Mahaffy at the University of Aukland, NZ, and produced by Jason Brown, Assistant Professor at Valdosta State University. The film featured music by Tim Rutili.
"Miracle Boy" had its World Premiere at the Venice Film Festival last year and has played at various film festivals since, including four this past Saturday: the West Virginia International Film Festival, the Nashville Film Festival, the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Film Festival and Indie Grits. It is next schedule to appear at the Maryland Film Festival in May.
Indie Grits, located in Columbia, SC, held its seventh annual festival this year supporting Southern film and art. Giving its top prize to a short film was such a rare occurrence, no one could verify if it had ever happened before.
"Miracle Boy" continues to play festivals across the country and needs support to do so. To learn about future screenings or how you can make a donation, visit MiracleBoy-Movie.com or Facebook.com/MiracleBoyMovie.