- Huntington Police Make Eight Arrests for Drug Possession
- Hearing Monday for Mayoral Candidate in Magistrate Court
- Mayor Williams Receives USCM Grant for West Edge Factory Solar Training
- City Teams with OVEC to Help WV Flood Victims
- For Now City Hall Off Limits to Republican Mayoral Candidate in Huntington
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- Huntington Council Releases Agenda for June 27 Meeting
- Huntington Police Report Burglary, Possession, Overdose
- Orlando Mostly Deserted; This was a 9/11, a Former Huntington Resident Believes
- West Virginia American Water Responding to Operational Impacts of Widespread Flooding
Herd’s Wilson Joins New York Jets
Monday, April 29, 2013 - 00:05 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Wilson, a second-team All-Conference USA pick by CollegeSportsMadness.com and an honorable mention selection by the C-USA coaches, was sixth in the league in catches per game (5.8) in 2012. He was also one of 11 MU honorees on Phil Steele’s midseason all-conference list and his 187 career catches are seventh-highest in school history, while his 2,269 receiving yards are 10th. His 69 catches last season were a career-high, as were his 741 receiving yards. His best game came against league-leading Tulsa, when he amassed seven catches for 123 yards and two touchdowns. He also posted touchdown catches against Purdue, Southern Miss, UCF and Houston.
Wilson is the second MU wide receiver in three days to join the NFL ranks as Aaron Dobson was taken in the second round (59th overall) of the NFL Draft by the New England Patriots Friday evening.