- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Colley Testified Nuke Worker Compensation Protocol Broken
- May 7 th 2016 is Free Comic Book Day at Comic World
- Huntington Police Make Burglary Arrest
- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- President Bill Clinton to Campaign for Hillary Clinton in Kentucky
- Congressman Shuster Endorses Donald Trump for President
- President Bill Clinton to Campaign for Hillary Clinton in Morehead, Lexington, Louisville Kentucky
Herd’s Wilson Joins New York Jets
Monday, April 29, 2013 - 00:05 Special to HuntingtonNews.Net
Wilson, a second-team All-Conference USA pick by CollegeSportsMadness.com and an honorable mention selection by the C-USA coaches, was sixth in the league in catches per game (5.8) in 2012. He was also one of 11 MU honorees on Phil Steele’s midseason all-conference list and his 187 career catches are seventh-highest in school history, while his 2,269 receiving yards are 10th. His 69 catches last season were a career-high, as were his 741 receiving yards. His best game came against league-leading Tulsa, when he amassed seven catches for 123 yards and two touchdowns. He also posted touchdown catches against Purdue, Southern Miss, UCF and Houston.
Wilson is the second MU wide receiver in three days to join the NFL ranks as Aaron Dobson was taken in the second round (59th overall) of the NFL Draft by the New England Patriots Friday evening.