- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 22, 2014
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- Brockovich Protesting at US Supreme Court; Case Involves Water Contamination
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Intent to Distribute Heroin, Cocaine, Oxycodone
- Huntington Man Sentenced for Bar Shooting
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- Dr. William Palmer selected as Outstanding Faculty Award winner
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
New Machining Technology at RCBI
RCBI’s new 5-axis CNC Mill/Turn Center ispart of Mori Seiki’s NTX 2000 series of high precision, high efficiency integrated mill/turn centers. Designed to machine complex shapes, it is ideal for the production of precision parts used in medical and measurement devices, as well as the oil and gas industry.
By integrating both milling and turning operations, manufacturers keep the work on one machine, which reduces set-ups and handling to make the job more productive. With a footprint that is 40 percent smaller than those of conventional models, the integrated machining technology frees space for other operations or technology, which can directly affect a company’s bottom line.
The addition of the 5-axis CNC Mill/Turn Center in Huntington follows the introduction of an Okuma MU-500-VA-L Machining Center at the RCBI Charleston Advanced Manufacturing Technology Center in December 2012.
RCBI Director & CEO Charlotte Weber said the two new pieces of equipment “represent the latest examples of RCBI’s continuing effort to provide ready access to the latest manufacturing technology.”
RCBI offers both leased use and technical training on the latest machining technology. For more information or to schedule leased use for Huntington equipment, phone 304,781.1689. For Charleston equipment, phone 340.720.7738.