- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- COMMENTARY: How to win hearts and minds in the Middle East
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
New Machining Technology at RCBI
RCBI’s new 5-axis CNC Mill/Turn Center ispart of Mori Seiki’s NTX 2000 series of high precision, high efficiency integrated mill/turn centers. Designed to machine complex shapes, it is ideal for the production of precision parts used in medical and measurement devices, as well as the oil and gas industry.
By integrating both milling and turning operations, manufacturers keep the work on one machine, which reduces set-ups and handling to make the job more productive. With a footprint that is 40 percent smaller than those of conventional models, the integrated machining technology frees space for other operations or technology, which can directly affect a company’s bottom line.
The addition of the 5-axis CNC Mill/Turn Center in Huntington follows the introduction of an Okuma MU-500-VA-L Machining Center at the RCBI Charleston Advanced Manufacturing Technology Center in December 2012.
RCBI Director & CEO Charlotte Weber said the two new pieces of equipment “represent the latest examples of RCBI’s continuing effort to provide ready access to the latest manufacturing technology.”
RCBI offers both leased use and technical training on the latest machining technology. For more information or to schedule leased use for Huntington equipment, phone 304,781.1689. For Charleston equipment, phone 340.720.7738.