- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- UPDATE: Swat Team Dispatched; Huntington's Marcum Terrace Scene of Another Shooting
- Murder Comes to Charleston Pub
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Red Cabose Open House Saturday
- Freedom Industries and former Freedom Industries plant manager sentenced for roles in chemical spill
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- MARSHALL FOOTBALL: Seven Home Games, ACC Schools Headline Herd’s 2016 Football Schedule
- 290 high school students to visit Marshall’s Huntington campus for three-day music festival
- Huntington Officers, Employees Earn Awards at Highway Ceremony
New Machining Technology at RCBI
RCBI’s new 5-axis CNC Mill/Turn Center ispart of Mori Seiki’s NTX 2000 series of high precision, high efficiency integrated mill/turn centers. Designed to machine complex shapes, it is ideal for the production of precision parts used in medical and measurement devices, as well as the oil and gas industry.
By integrating both milling and turning operations, manufacturers keep the work on one machine, which reduces set-ups and handling to make the job more productive. With a footprint that is 40 percent smaller than those of conventional models, the integrated machining technology frees space for other operations or technology, which can directly affect a company’s bottom line.
The addition of the 5-axis CNC Mill/Turn Center in Huntington follows the introduction of an Okuma MU-500-VA-L Machining Center at the RCBI Charleston Advanced Manufacturing Technology Center in December 2012.
RCBI Director & CEO Charlotte Weber said the two new pieces of equipment “represent the latest examples of RCBI’s continuing effort to provide ready access to the latest manufacturing technology.”
RCBI offers both leased use and technical training on the latest machining technology. For more information or to schedule leased use for Huntington equipment, phone 304,781.1689. For Charleston equipment, phone 340.720.7738.