- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- Firefighters Battle Flames on Johnstown Road
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- Jamming at Jewel City Jamboree
Charleston Councilman May Sue Over Gun Home Rule Amendment
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 01:27 Updated 2 years ago Edited by Tony Rutherford from Multiple Reports
In order to continue in the home rule program, Charleston will have to repeal this ordinance 90 days prior to June 1, 2014.
An at-large Republican, Lane called the legislative amendment "hubris and arrogance", adding that he may sue the state in a personal capacity to avoid Mayor Jones warning about the city suiting itself.