- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Hotel May Come to Central City
- Huntington to Enter Frontier's America's Best City
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Roller Girls Double Header Headed for Big Sandy
- Bates Stepping Down as Council Chairman; Elected President HMDA
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey Urges Holiday Shoppers to Be Cautious When Using Mobile Checkouts
Charleston Councilman May Sue Over Gun Home Rule Amendment
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 01:27 Updated 1 year ago Edited by Tony Rutherford from Multiple Reports
In order to continue in the home rule program, Charleston will have to repeal this ordinance 90 days prior to June 1, 2014.
An at-large Republican, Lane called the legislative amendment "hubris and arrogance", adding that he may sue the state in a personal capacity to avoid Mayor Jones warning about the city suiting itself.