- Fed Ex Warns of Fraudulent Email
- Pro-Life Leaders Cole and Armstead to Address Pro Life Crowd
- Marshall to host 44th annual speech and debate tournament for high school students
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Attorney General Morrisey Hails Historic and Unprecedented Victory Against EPA
- Del. Miller First GOP Woman to Preside over House of Delegates
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Storm Drain, Street Cleaning Report Issued for 2015
- Marshall’s 47th Annual Jazz Festival to sound off Feb. 18-20
- Dinosaur Display this Weekend at Big Sandy Arena
Charleston Councilman May Sue Over Gun Home Rule Amendment
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 01:27 Updated 2 years ago Edited by Tony Rutherford from Multiple Reports
In order to continue in the home rule program, Charleston will have to repeal this ordinance 90 days prior to June 1, 2014.
An at-large Republican, Lane called the legislative amendment "hubris and arrogance", adding that he may sue the state in a personal capacity to avoid Mayor Jones warning about the city suiting itself.