- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- Charleston heroin and meth dealer enters federal guilty plea
- Yale Law School professor featured speaker as Amicus Curiae series begins at Marshall University
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- OP ED COLUMN: Tax Reform Committee Is Covering All Ground
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Stadium Seats, Power Cords, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
Charleston Councilman May Sue Over Gun Home Rule Amendment
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 01:27 Updated 2 years ago Edited by Tony Rutherford from Multiple Reports
In order to continue in the home rule program, Charleston will have to repeal this ordinance 90 days prior to June 1, 2014.
An at-large Republican, Lane called the legislative amendment "hubris and arrogance", adding that he may sue the state in a personal capacity to avoid Mayor Jones warning about the city suiting itself.