- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- Pawn Shop Ordinance up for Vote
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: On 'Real Women': Don't Hate Me -- It's Genetic
- OP-ED: Vanuatu and Tuvalu: inadequate response to human suffering
- Understanding the Suffering War Brings
Charleston Councilman May Sue Over Gun Home Rule Amendment
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 01:27 Updated 1 year ago Edited by Tony Rutherford from Multiple Reports
In order to continue in the home rule program, Charleston will have to repeal this ordinance 90 days prior to June 1, 2014.
An at-large Republican, Lane called the legislative amendment "hubris and arrogance", adding that he may sue the state in a personal capacity to avoid Mayor Jones warning about the city suiting itself.