- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- Tsubasacon Friday IMAGES
- Rep. Jenkins: Court Pushes Back Overreaching EPA Regs
- Tsubasacon Coming This Weekend
- $230,000 water infrastructure replacement project will replace a critical 16-inch Barboursville transmission line
- 21 Year Old Reported Missing in Huntington
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- Cheer Competition Winners from Huntington's BSSA
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 16, 2014
Spindel to give address at graduate student commencement ceremony
Spindel has been a member of the faculty at Marshall for 37 years, beginning as an assistant professor of history in 1976, then moving up to associate professor in 1981 and to full professor in 1987. In addition to teaching, she has been active in the administration of the university, including service as the director of the honors program, associate dean of the College of Liberal Arts, director of the online instruction program, chair of the department of history, interim chair of the department of English and interim dean of the College of Liberal Arts prior to becoming dean of the graduate college in 2009.
A specialist in early American history, Spindel wrote Crime and Society in North Carolina, published by the Louisiana State University Press in 1989. In addition to that book, she has published a number of articles in journals such as the North Carolina Historical Review, Journal of Southern History, Journal of American Studies, American Journal of Legal History and West Virginia History.
Originally from New York City, Spindel received her bachelor’s degree with distinction from Mount Holyoke Collegeand master’s and doctoral degrees from Duke University.
With the activities of May 11, Marshall University continues the practice of dividing the undergraduate and graduate commencement ceremonies. The undergraduate ceremony will take place at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 11, also at the Big Sandy Superstore Arena.