- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- COLUMN: STEM Success in the Mountain State
Huntington’s Administrative Officials Make Annual Visit to D.C.
“Departments are interrelated. There are no silos any longer”, reported Mayor Williams.
Brandi Jacob Jones, director of finance and administration, briefing notes to the Senators and Representatives.
Huntington’s contingent included Mayor Steve Williams, Police Chief Skip Holbrook, Fire Chief Carl Eastam, Huntington Sanitary Board Director Kit Anderson, and City Council members Mark Bates and David Ball.
The annual trip to visit the state’s congressional delegation began in 2008 under Mayor David Felinton.
Prior visits have been instrumental in gaining support for grant applications and other projects.
Williams told council that Sen. Manchin has already intervened in gaining approval from FEMA to split over two fiscal years the floodwall certification inspections and updates.Initially, the city had a Nov. 3 deadline for completing about $900,000 in upgraded compliance requirements or face losing its flood insurance rating.
As previously reported, the Huntington Police Department will apply for gun violence grants to quell several of the city’s crime “hot spots", such as W. Ninth Street, Coach's Inn on Washington Avenue, and near a Charleston Avenue gas station.