- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- LOCATION CHANGE: Inaugural Private Party Planned for Schlotzsky's
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Colley Testified Nuke Worker Compensation Protocol Broken
Huntington’s Administrative Officials Make Annual Visit to D.C.
“Departments are interrelated. There are no silos any longer”, reported Mayor Williams.
Brandi Jacob Jones, director of finance and administration, briefing notes to the Senators and Representatives.
Huntington’s contingent included Mayor Steve Williams, Police Chief Skip Holbrook, Fire Chief Carl Eastam, Huntington Sanitary Board Director Kit Anderson, and City Council members Mark Bates and David Ball.
The annual trip to visit the state’s congressional delegation began in 2008 under Mayor David Felinton.
Prior visits have been instrumental in gaining support for grant applications and other projects.
Williams told council that Sen. Manchin has already intervened in gaining approval from FEMA to split over two fiscal years the floodwall certification inspections and updates.Initially, the city had a Nov. 3 deadline for completing about $900,000 in upgraded compliance requirements or face losing its flood insurance rating.
As previously reported, the Huntington Police Department will apply for gun violence grants to quell several of the city’s crime “hot spots", such as W. Ninth Street, Coach's Inn on Washington Avenue, and near a Charleston Avenue gas station.