- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Huntington Church Offers Sanctuary for Undocumented Immigrants
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- AARP Partners for Money Smart Week Events
- Attorney General Morrisey, 14-State Coalition Defend Trump Order to Ease Overregulation
- Marshall’s School of Physical Therapy invites community to White Coat Ceremony
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
Huntington’s Administrative Officials Make Annual Visit to D.C.
“Departments are interrelated. There are no silos any longer”, reported Mayor Williams.
Brandi Jacob Jones, director of finance and administration, briefing notes to the Senators and Representatives.
Huntington’s contingent included Mayor Steve Williams, Police Chief Skip Holbrook, Fire Chief Carl Eastam, Huntington Sanitary Board Director Kit Anderson, and City Council members Mark Bates and David Ball.
The annual trip to visit the state’s congressional delegation began in 2008 under Mayor David Felinton.
Prior visits have been instrumental in gaining support for grant applications and other projects.
Williams told council that Sen. Manchin has already intervened in gaining approval from FEMA to split over two fiscal years the floodwall certification inspections and updates.Initially, the city had a Nov. 3 deadline for completing about $900,000 in upgraded compliance requirements or face losing its flood insurance rating.
As previously reported, the Huntington Police Department will apply for gun violence grants to quell several of the city’s crime “hot spots", such as W. Ninth Street, Coach's Inn on Washington Avenue, and near a Charleston Avenue gas station.