- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 20, 2014
- City Welcomes Intern for Promoting Events
- CFPB Takes Action Against Auto Finance Company for Distorting Borrower Credit Reports; First Investors Fined $2.75 Million for Knowingly Providing Inaccurate Information to Credit Reporting Agencies for Years
- Green and White High School Football Record Setter on Screen
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- Early Childhood Education Providers in West Virginia to Receive Online Resource Platform Developed by CCA For Social Good
- Come and Be 'Frozen' by Elsa at Art Walk; Pullman Concert Series Follows
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- Marshall University to host Thundering Herd community kick-off event
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
Huntington’s Administrative Officials Make Annual Visit to D.C.
“Departments are interrelated. There are no silos any longer”, reported Mayor Williams.
Brandi Jacob Jones, director of finance and administration, briefing notes to the Senators and Representatives.
Huntington’s contingent included Mayor Steve Williams, Police Chief Skip Holbrook, Fire Chief Carl Eastam, Huntington Sanitary Board Director Kit Anderson, and City Council members Mark Bates and David Ball.
The annual trip to visit the state’s congressional delegation began in 2008 under Mayor David Felinton.
Prior visits have been instrumental in gaining support for grant applications and other projects.
Williams told council that Sen. Manchin has already intervened in gaining approval from FEMA to split over two fiscal years the floodwall certification inspections and updates.Initially, the city had a Nov. 3 deadline for completing about $900,000 in upgraded compliance requirements or face losing its flood insurance rating.
As previously reported, the Huntington Police Department will apply for gun violence grants to quell several of the city’s crime “hot spots", such as W. Ninth Street, Coach's Inn on Washington Avenue, and near a Charleston Avenue gas station.