- Antitrust agreement will protect our citizens’ best interests
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- Huntington Police Arrest Two on Drug Charges
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
Herd Draws Wildcats in NCAA Regonal
This will be the 12th meeting between Marshall and Kentucky, with the Wildcats holding a 9-2 advantage over the Thundering Herd. The two teams last met at the UK softball complex on April 9, where the Herd – who took a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh – lost by one run after a walk-off single concluded the game at a score of 4-3. Kentucky, then No. 20, was one of two ranked teams the Herd faced this season, along with conference foe Tulsa, who was No. 17.
Four teams of Conference USA received a regional bid – Marshall, Houston, Tulsa and UAB. Houston (40-18) will face South Carolina (32-23) in Austin, Texas. in the No. 4 Texas regional. Tulsa (42-14) will play Stanford (37-19) in the first round of the No. 14 Nebraska regional in Lincoln, Neb., and UAB (37-16) will face UCLA (37-18) in the No. 15 Louisville regional in Louisville, Ky.
Ticketing information for the contest will be posted on Monday. The game will be on ESPN3 and broadcasted by WMUL 88.1.