- Huntington Police Arrest Seven Alleged Drug Distributors, Users
- Attorney General Morrisey Announces Nearly $1.3M Antitrust Settlement Benefiting Cabell County Schools
- Two sex offenders headed to prison for federal crimes
- Aug 30 GHPRD introduces Sway-Fun, an all-inclusive playground piece
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- E.E.O.C. Issues Final Guidance for Retailation
- Huntington crack dealer faces at least five and up to 40 years; two heroin dealers each face up to 20 years
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- OVEC Announces New Executive Director; Keating Retiring After 24 Years With Citizen Group
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
Herd Draws Wildcats in NCAA Regonal
This will be the 12th meeting between Marshall and Kentucky, with the Wildcats holding a 9-2 advantage over the Thundering Herd. The two teams last met at the UK softball complex on April 9, where the Herd – who took a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh – lost by one run after a walk-off single concluded the game at a score of 4-3. Kentucky, then No. 20, was one of two ranked teams the Herd faced this season, along with conference foe Tulsa, who was No. 17.
Four teams of Conference USA received a regional bid – Marshall, Houston, Tulsa and UAB. Houston (40-18) will face South Carolina (32-23) in Austin, Texas. in the No. 4 Texas regional. Tulsa (42-14) will play Stanford (37-19) in the first round of the No. 14 Nebraska regional in Lincoln, Neb., and UAB (37-16) will face UCLA (37-18) in the No. 15 Louisville regional in Louisville, Ky.
Ticketing information for the contest will be posted on Monday. The game will be on ESPN3 and broadcasted by WMUL 88.1.