- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Virginia Commonwealth University to explore yoga’s effect on pregnancy depression
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Detroit heroin dealer pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Tamarack to host Appalachian Music & Arts Festival
- Carol Polan Likely Replacement Candidate for Husband
- WV Boys High School Larosse All State Announced
Herd Draws Wildcats in NCAA Regonal
This will be the 12th meeting between Marshall and Kentucky, with the Wildcats holding a 9-2 advantage over the Thundering Herd. The two teams last met at the UK softball complex on April 9, where the Herd – who took a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh – lost by one run after a walk-off single concluded the game at a score of 4-3. Kentucky, then No. 20, was one of two ranked teams the Herd faced this season, along with conference foe Tulsa, who was No. 17.
Four teams of Conference USA received a regional bid – Marshall, Houston, Tulsa and UAB. Houston (40-18) will face South Carolina (32-23) in Austin, Texas. in the No. 4 Texas regional. Tulsa (42-14) will play Stanford (37-19) in the first round of the No. 14 Nebraska regional in Lincoln, Neb., and UAB (37-16) will face UCLA (37-18) in the No. 15 Louisville regional in Louisville, Ky.
Ticketing information for the contest will be posted on Monday. The game will be on ESPN3 and broadcasted by WMUL 88.1.