- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Mayor Steve William's Office of Drug Control Policy Invited to White House
- Keep Your Promises applauds Credit Suisse for identifying issue of Chemours’ understated liabilities and for demanding more disclosure
- Fracking Poses Threats to Public Health, Say Experts
- Tornado Watch Continues until 9 p.m. for Cabell County
- OPINION: Revolution's Matchstick: The Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- A Very Merry Christmas Parade Moves Along Fourth Avenue
- Marshall's Cato Named Manning Award Finalist
- Rep. Jenkins Touts Supreme Court Ruling as Victory for WV
Herd Draws Wildcats in NCAA Regonal
This will be the 12th meeting between Marshall and Kentucky, with the Wildcats holding a 9-2 advantage over the Thundering Herd. The two teams last met at the UK softball complex on April 9, where the Herd – who took a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh – lost by one run after a walk-off single concluded the game at a score of 4-3. Kentucky, then No. 20, was one of two ranked teams the Herd faced this season, along with conference foe Tulsa, who was No. 17.
Four teams of Conference USA received a regional bid – Marshall, Houston, Tulsa and UAB. Houston (40-18) will face South Carolina (32-23) in Austin, Texas. in the No. 4 Texas regional. Tulsa (42-14) will play Stanford (37-19) in the first round of the No. 14 Nebraska regional in Lincoln, Neb., and UAB (37-16) will face UCLA (37-18) in the No. 15 Louisville regional in Louisville, Ky.
Ticketing information for the contest will be posted on Monday. The game will be on ESPN3 and broadcasted by WMUL 88.1.