- UPDATE: Bridgette Found Safe
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MiLITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 6, 2014
- Five women arrested in prostitution sting on 6th Avenue
- Fundraiser Saturday for Guyandotte Family
- Flat Budget Won’t Sustain Exceptional City Concept
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Team Penske sweeps Sprint Cup front row for second straight week
- CFPB Recovers More Than $1 Million for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 7, 2014
Herd Draws Wildcats in NCAA Regonal
This will be the 12th meeting between Marshall and Kentucky, with the Wildcats holding a 9-2 advantage over the Thundering Herd. The two teams last met at the UK softball complex on April 9, where the Herd – who took a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh – lost by one run after a walk-off single concluded the game at a score of 4-3. Kentucky, then No. 20, was one of two ranked teams the Herd faced this season, along with conference foe Tulsa, who was No. 17.
Four teams of Conference USA received a regional bid – Marshall, Houston, Tulsa and UAB. Houston (40-18) will face South Carolina (32-23) in Austin, Texas. in the No. 4 Texas regional. Tulsa (42-14) will play Stanford (37-19) in the first round of the No. 14 Nebraska regional in Lincoln, Neb., and UAB (37-16) will face UCLA (37-18) in the No. 15 Louisville regional in Louisville, Ky.
Ticketing information for the contest will be posted on Monday. The game will be on ESPN3 and broadcasted by WMUL 88.1.