- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Feb. 27, 2015
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cuba: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean
- Marshall University School of Medicine announces new administrative chair of radiation oncology
- Goebbel Named Marshall Tight Ends Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
Herd Draws Wildcats in NCAA Regonal
This will be the 12th meeting between Marshall and Kentucky, with the Wildcats holding a 9-2 advantage over the Thundering Herd. The two teams last met at the UK softball complex on April 9, where the Herd – who took a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh – lost by one run after a walk-off single concluded the game at a score of 4-3. Kentucky, then No. 20, was one of two ranked teams the Herd faced this season, along with conference foe Tulsa, who was No. 17.
Four teams of Conference USA received a regional bid – Marshall, Houston, Tulsa and UAB. Houston (40-18) will face South Carolina (32-23) in Austin, Texas. in the No. 4 Texas regional. Tulsa (42-14) will play Stanford (37-19) in the first round of the No. 14 Nebraska regional in Lincoln, Neb., and UAB (37-16) will face UCLA (37-18) in the No. 15 Louisville regional in Louisville, Ky.
Ticketing information for the contest will be posted on Monday. The game will be on ESPN3 and broadcasted by WMUL 88.1.