- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Man Arrives at Huntington Hospital Shot in Both Legs
- Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- "Creed" Punches it's Way into "Rocky's" Championship Heritage
- Donald Sutherland Warns Young People to Question Authority
- Marshall Artists Series and The Huntington Symphony Orchestra team up for Disney In Concert
- Huntington man sentenced on Federal oxycodone charge
- CFPB Takes Action to End Student 'Debt Relief' Scams; CFPB Warns Borrowers About Companies Charging High Fees for Free Federal Loan Repayment Programs
- COLUMN: STEM Success in the Mountain State
- CFPB Spotlights Concerns with Medical Debt Collection and Reporting; CFPB to Require Credit Reporting Agencies to Regularly Report on Consumer Disputes
Herd Draws Wildcats in NCAA Regonal
This will be the 12th meeting between Marshall and Kentucky, with the Wildcats holding a 9-2 advantage over the Thundering Herd. The two teams last met at the UK softball complex on April 9, where the Herd – who took a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh – lost by one run after a walk-off single concluded the game at a score of 4-3. Kentucky, then No. 20, was one of two ranked teams the Herd faced this season, along with conference foe Tulsa, who was No. 17.
Four teams of Conference USA received a regional bid – Marshall, Houston, Tulsa and UAB. Houston (40-18) will face South Carolina (32-23) in Austin, Texas. in the No. 4 Texas regional. Tulsa (42-14) will play Stanford (37-19) in the first round of the No. 14 Nebraska regional in Lincoln, Neb., and UAB (37-16) will face UCLA (37-18) in the No. 15 Louisville regional in Louisville, Ky.
Ticketing information for the contest will be posted on Monday. The game will be on ESPN3 and broadcasted by WMUL 88.1.