- Council Moves Gun Range to Second Reading
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- UPDATED MILD SPOILER ALERT: Having an Awesome Time Watching "Force Awakens" at Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- DEVOTION: Fat Tuesday
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology rated in nation’s top 50
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- School of Pharmacy receives grant from Walgreens for diversity initiatives
- First Alert donates 175 smoke, carbon monoxide alarms to Fire Department
Herd Draws Wildcats in NCAA Regonal
This will be the 12th meeting between Marshall and Kentucky, with the Wildcats holding a 9-2 advantage over the Thundering Herd. The two teams last met at the UK softball complex on April 9, where the Herd – who took a 3-1 lead in the top of the seventh – lost by one run after a walk-off single concluded the game at a score of 4-3. Kentucky, then No. 20, was one of two ranked teams the Herd faced this season, along with conference foe Tulsa, who was No. 17.
Four teams of Conference USA received a regional bid – Marshall, Houston, Tulsa and UAB. Houston (40-18) will face South Carolina (32-23) in Austin, Texas. in the No. 4 Texas regional. Tulsa (42-14) will play Stanford (37-19) in the first round of the No. 14 Nebraska regional in Lincoln, Neb., and UAB (37-16) will face UCLA (37-18) in the No. 15 Louisville regional in Louisville, Ky.
Ticketing information for the contest will be posted on Monday. The game will be on ESPN3 and broadcasted by WMUL 88.1.