- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- Day Four: Johnson Returns To Head Table After Two-Year Absence
- NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson Celebrates Sixth Title With Eye On A Seventh
- Fan celebration planned before Marshall-WVU basketball game
- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
- WSJ Wasteland Series Continues in Pennsylvania where Uranium Processing Site had "Birdcages"
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
Final Marshall-WVU Game Set for Tuesday
Tuesday’s contest, Marshall’s final nonconference tilt of its 2013 campaign, can be followed using CBS GameTracker available through HerdZone.com.
Marshall (19-31, 6-15 Conference USA) split with West Virginia (30-22, 12-9 Big 12) in the two previous meetings this season, taking game one 8-0 on March 19 before falling 10-2 on April 2.
In the first meeting, Marshall starting pitcher Aaron Blair was masterful in a six-inning effort which saw him strike out 11 while keeping WVU hitless. Freshman outfielder Chase Vogelbach paced all hitters with two hits, two RBI’s, and a run as Marshall won the first in-state meeting since 1998.
The win also snapped a streak of nine straight losses to the Herd’s in-state rival.
In the most recent meeting, West Virginia used 13 hits, including a pair of homers from catcher Alan Filauro, to throttle past Marshall in a series-evening triumph.
For the series, freshman Aaron Bossi leads Marshall with three hits as part of a 3-for-8 performance. Senior Isaac Ballou and sophomore Andrew Dundon each have two hits in the series.