- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- Top Films of 2014 with Guest Expert Input
- Council Asked to Approve Budget Restraints Following Negative Projection
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- Highlanders Triumph Over Midland
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Local writers Marie Manilla and Nicole Lawrence to read from their work at Marshall University
- Marshall Athletic Ticket Office Announces C-USA Championship Operations
- Marshall Men's Basketball: Herd Falls to Seventh-Ranked Louisville, 85-67
Final Marshall-WVU Game Set for Tuesday
Tuesday’s contest, Marshall’s final nonconference tilt of its 2013 campaign, can be followed using CBS GameTracker available through HerdZone.com.
Marshall (19-31, 6-15 Conference USA) split with West Virginia (30-22, 12-9 Big 12) in the two previous meetings this season, taking game one 8-0 on March 19 before falling 10-2 on April 2.
In the first meeting, Marshall starting pitcher Aaron Blair was masterful in a six-inning effort which saw him strike out 11 while keeping WVU hitless. Freshman outfielder Chase Vogelbach paced all hitters with two hits, two RBI’s, and a run as Marshall won the first in-state meeting since 1998.
The win also snapped a streak of nine straight losses to the Herd’s in-state rival.
In the most recent meeting, West Virginia used 13 hits, including a pair of homers from catcher Alan Filauro, to throttle past Marshall in a series-evening triumph.
For the series, freshman Aaron Bossi leads Marshall with three hits as part of a 3-for-8 performance. Senior Isaac Ballou and sophomore Andrew Dundon each have two hits in the series.