- Free Classic Regatta Returns to Huntington
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Authorities Request Information on Disappearance of Ohio Woman
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- UPDATED ... Ghost Hunters , Costumed Heroes Visiting Region IMAGES
- A Decade Of Dio: 1983-1993 - CD Version of Boxed Set on Sale
- Huntington, Cabell County Request State of Emergency; Four Pole Creek Overflows near Ritter Park IMAGES
Final Marshall-WVU Game Set for Tuesday
Tuesday’s contest, Marshall’s final nonconference tilt of its 2013 campaign, can be followed using CBS GameTracker available through HerdZone.com.
Marshall (19-31, 6-15 Conference USA) split with West Virginia (30-22, 12-9 Big 12) in the two previous meetings this season, taking game one 8-0 on March 19 before falling 10-2 on April 2.
In the first meeting, Marshall starting pitcher Aaron Blair was masterful in a six-inning effort which saw him strike out 11 while keeping WVU hitless. Freshman outfielder Chase Vogelbach paced all hitters with two hits, two RBI’s, and a run as Marshall won the first in-state meeting since 1998.
The win also snapped a streak of nine straight losses to the Herd’s in-state rival.
In the most recent meeting, West Virginia used 13 hits, including a pair of homers from catcher Alan Filauro, to throttle past Marshall in a series-evening triumph.
For the series, freshman Aaron Bossi leads Marshall with three hits as part of a 3-for-8 performance. Senior Isaac Ballou and sophomore Andrew Dundon each have two hits in the series.