- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- Layne named director of administration and finance
- Herd Volleyball to Play in Hokie Invitational
Huntington's Art Walk Thursday May 16
Among the artists and venues this month will be The Antique Mall, 926 Fourth Avenue, (which features Crumpets and Tea and Custom Framing by Jenks) Patty DelCheccollo, Cheryl Canterbury, Jimmy Robinson; Morrison Studios, Michael Flinn; Empire Books at Pullman Square, Todd Frazer (Scribbles and Splotches); Huntington Prime, 910 Fourth Avenue, Beth and Graham Rankin; Simply Whisk, 901 Fourth Avenue, April Morrison (photography).
On Friday, May 17, Frazier will have his comic and fantasy prints displayed at Lupuspalooza, 626 17th Street, 5-11 p.m. He is available for commission pieces, too.