- Delegate Mike Folk stands up for 2nd Amendment Rights in West Virginia
- Human Relations Commission Amendment Deletes “Handicap” Substitutes “Disabled”
- IMAGES: Huntington High School Honored by Council, Mayor Despite Loss
- Marshall Has 21 Named to All-Conference and All-Freshman Teams
- Comprehensive Plan, Skatepark Approved by Huntington Council
- Contaminated Debris of Huntington Pilot Plant Transported by Truck in 1979
- Toxic TCE Released to Huntington's Air Sept. 11-15, 2008, per EPA Settlement; Authorities not Immediately Notified of Release
- WSJ Wasteland Series Continues in Pennsylvania where Uranium Processing Site had "Birdcages"
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
- FLASHBACK: Major Huntington Landfill Contaminants Could Relate to Solvents or to Cold War Activities at Uranium Processing Plant
Police Week Begins with Council Honoring Fallen K-9
Cocaine 1412 grams
Heroin 400 grams
Marijuana 1942 grams
Opiates 1884 dosage units
Chief Holbrook stated in an earlier release, “K-9 Rio was a loyal and faithful K-9 to the HPD and the citizens of Huntington. K-9 Rio not only helped keep our officers safe, but was equally instrumental in our community drug eradication efforts. The HPD K-9 Unit currently has six other K-9’s in service. It is the intention of the department to immediately begin the process of replacing K-9 Rio and returning the K-9 Unit to its full compliment.”
Council committed about $3,500 in micro-grant monies to help replace the animal with a newly trained one.
Outside, the officers showed HNN one of the four legged dogs that fight crime for a pat and a scratch.
On Wednesday, May 15, the Law Enforcement Memorial Day temperance begins at 11 a.m. at Harris Riverfront Park. Police Chief Skip Holbrook indicated that the city’s first officer to fall in the line of duty, Issac Mitchell, will be specifically honored. After years of searching, the department has located a photo of Mitchell which will be added to the fallen heroes wall.
The public is invited.