- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- Huntington City Council Agenda
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
WEST LIBERTY: Elbin Scholar Program Grows, Thanks to Support from Donors Like AT&T
“We are pleased with the growth in our Elbin Scholar program as we continue to strive to be a great University. Private funding from corporations like AT&T will allow us to offer further resources to attract quality students and we thank AT&T for their generosity,” said President Robin C. Capehart.
- Cyrus is a rising junior from Columbiana, Ohio and majors in biology. Also an honors student, she is a member of the Biology Club. She plans to attend optometry school after she completes her undergraduate degree.
- Dillard is a rising junior from Craigsville, W.Va. and majors in biology (pre-med). He is an honors student and member of the Biology Club, Psychology Club and the Fight Club. After graduation he would like to explore the world.
- Kenney is a rising sophomore from Newport, Ohio and majors in biology (pre-pharmacy). An honors student, he is a member of the Biology Club and is active in church. After graduation he plans to attend pharmacy school and become a retail pharmacist close to his hometown.
- McGary is a rising junior from Flushing, Ohio and majors in finance. Also a student-athlete, he is on the Hilltopper baseball team and also finds time to be active in the Investment Club. After graduation he plans to pursue a master’s degree in finance and become a financial advisor.
Named in honor of Dr. Paul N. Elbin, president of West Liberty for 35 years, the Elbin Scholar designation is the highest scholar level at West Liberty. Despite the rigorous requirements, the Elbin program has grown significantly over the past 10 years, thus increasing the need for scholarship funding for this program.
In 2003, just five students were named Elbin Scholars. This year, WLU proudly claimed 74 Elbin Scholars.