- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- City Attorney Resigns
- Council Will Seek to Remove Gillespie; Weapons and Ammo Allegedly Present in Home Confinement Location
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The York Grand Lodge': Fascinating Look at York's Challenge to London's Freemasonry Dominance
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- Rally for Marijuana
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- Boil Water Advisory for Some Salt Rock Customers
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.