- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Mayor Williams "unfamiliar" with alleged benefit cuts; Huntington "under" budget
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Marshall University launches the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum
- Secretary of State Warner Responds to Media Reports
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Two defendants headed to prison for methamphetamine trafficking crimes
- Holiday Greetings
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.