- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- Huntington Area Responders Work Together to Contain Blaze in City Landmark
- NASCAR: Jeff Gordon wins record fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indy
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Lucky Us': Amy Bloom Hits a Home Run with a Funny Novel of Life in 1940's America -- With a Peek at Post-War Britain
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Council Meets Monday Night
- REVIEW: "Lucy's" Evolutionary Brain Cells Imaginative, Confusing Ride
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.