- Michigan International Speedway Test Helps Prepare Gen-6 Car for 2015
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- Marshall Medical Outreach teams with Cabell Huntington Hospital for women’s health event
- Kessler Makes Appointment to Public Water System Supply Study Commission
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: Lawmakers and School Officials: Stay out of Our Bodily Wastes
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Please Stop Helping Us': Black Conservative Deconstructs Unintended Consequences of Affirmative Action, Minimum Wage Laws, Public Schools
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.