- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Former Huntington Detective, City, Supervisors Sued for Civil Rights Violations, Sexual Abuse
- Walk with the Mayor Begins, Highlawn Next
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Attorney General Morrisey Partners with Ben Franklin & Carver Career Centers to Battle Drug Epidemic
- Miller Named Vice President of Bank
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.