- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- Jewel City Jamming will Continue Next Year
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- Firefighters Battle Flames on Johnstown Road
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Jamming at Jewel City Jamboree
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.