- Mayor Williams Deems Sanitary Repairs 'Catastrophic;" Thacker: "Find Money Tree, not Residents"
- COMMENTARY: Sick Nuke Worker Demands Toxic Compensation Forum in Piketon
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Huntington Fire Chief Resigns; Effective BEFORE Council Finance Hearings on Next Year's Budget
- One Council No Vote on Sanitary Board Increase
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Police Arrest Four on Drug Crimes
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.