- After Demolition of Huntington Pilot Plant, U 235 and U 238 Contamination Deemed Low; Baseline Soil in Ohio River Basin High in Nickel Contamination Then
- Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
- Two W.Va. manufacturers selected as finalists in Shale Innovation contest
- Stabbing Victims Treated and Released following Altercation Saturday Morning
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 17, 2014
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Green-White game, fountain ceremony, banquet highlight Alumni Weekend
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Not Cool': Gutfeld at His Best
- Easter Egg Hunts Scheduled
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.