- Major Economic Development Announcement for Huntington
- DEVELOPING... Cincinnati TV Station Reports 30 OD's in One Day
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Marshall rolls out active shooter training for faculty, staff and students
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Huntington's professional cosplay model Bunny Bombshell at WV PopCon this weekend
- General Counsel at West Virginia Department of Administration Selected as CSG Toll Fellow
- Third meth mule pleads guilty for role in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
- Why Are We Still Wasting Billions on Homeland Security Projects That Don’t Make Us Safer?
- Sandusky County Sheriff Indicted on 43 Counts
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.