- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Marquee Cinemas Brings Classic Films Back to the Big Screen with Flashback Cinema
- Former Director of Safety Town Cannot Be Located; Court Seeks to Serve Defendant in Molestation Complaint
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.