- Forensic Science Graduate Program ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- Mayor, City Have Busy Event Schedule
- HPD Arrest Two for Burglary
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Remains Believed to be Missing Woman Found
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- OSHA issues call to action for West Virginia employers to supply water, rest and shade for workers in scorching heat
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- WV Hotdog Festival Saturday at Pullman Square
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.