- Antitrust agreement will protect our citizens’ best interests
- $2.09 Per Gallon Gas Called Sign Mechanical Problem
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Sheetz Development Narrowly Passes Planning Commission
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Lincoln Electric Celebrates 81 Uninterrupted Years of Paying Employee Profit-Sharing Bonus
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- August Pullman Square Concert Series
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.