- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- RETRO: Huntington Christmas Parade IMAGES
- UPDATED: Retired Firefighter Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Huntington Prepares for Ho-Ho-Ho
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.