- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- Jewel City JAMboree to feature national and local musicians
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 20, 2014
- Rep.-elect Jenkins selected for Appropriations Committee
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- Southwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force Successful in First Year of Operation
WORK SESSION: Portion of Auburn Road Likely Designated "Jim Ritter Road" to Honor Longest Serving Council Member
Councilwoman Judy Clark has previously described herself as Ritter’s “sounding board” asked that his widow, Norma Jean, and other family members be remembered on the First Anniversary of his death.
A companion resolution would name City Hall’s council chambers in his honor.However, in an abundance of respect and in following the law, city attorney Scott McClure has been asked to determine whether the bodypreviously passed a “moratorium” on naming requests.
Councilman Ball explained, “Jim was a dear friend of mine. I want to see this happen. But we must play by the rules”.
The possibility exists for a committee referral, depending on the outcome of the legal research.