- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Penguins Come Out for Turkey Holiday; Hunger Likely Boxoffice Winner
- No Perfect Season; Marshall Loses in OT
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- Council OK's Four Huntington Fire Department Grant Aps
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Ohioans Losing Money to Job Scams
HOTS CHILDREN'S PRESHOW
Monday, July 25, 2011 - 03:31 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
The Friday July 22 preshow had a lot of dance numbers and singing from the eighties by children. Many of whom will go on to perform in future main H.O.T. mainstage show productions. The childrens’ preshow is co-directed and choreographed by Mark Smith and Kerri Easter Stambaugh.
Local vocal talent ranged from country NS popular to Barbershop singing. H.O.T. President and Artistic Director Helen Freeman teamed up with husband, Steven D. Freeman who is the H.O.T Scenic Designer and Technical Director, for some impressive singing. The preshow makes it clear there is a lot of good talent in the Tri-State area with a lot of variety.
After three digit hot heat index baking, a gentle rain fell making the evening much nicer. Umbrellas went up and the preshow concluded. The rains stopped before the “Wedding Singer” performance, making it a nice evening to see the show. TONY RUTHERFORD