- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Council Discusses Two Ordinances
- Pullman Plaza Sold; Will Become Hilton Doubletree
- PSC Legacy Document Shows Dietz Landfill Closure Cost to be Shared by INCO, City
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- 2016 Rails & Ales Festival to be Held on Saturday, August 13th
- It's Almost Summer but Elsa's Ice Magic Continues for Your Event IMAGES
- Friends of the Library Spring Sale June 2-4
- Huntington Police Make Grand Larceny Arrest
- It's Nearly Summer, but Elsa the Ice Princess Continues Partying
HOTS CHILDREN'S PRESHOW
Monday, July 25, 2011 - 03:31 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
The Friday July 22 preshow had a lot of dance numbers and singing from the eighties by children. Many of whom will go on to perform in future main H.O.T. mainstage show productions. The childrens’ preshow is co-directed and choreographed by Mark Smith and Kerri Easter Stambaugh.
Local vocal talent ranged from country NS popular to Barbershop singing. H.O.T. President and Artistic Director Helen Freeman teamed up with husband, Steven D. Freeman who is the H.O.T Scenic Designer and Technical Director, for some impressive singing. The preshow makes it clear there is a lot of good talent in the Tri-State area with a lot of variety.
After three digit hot heat index baking, a gentle rain fell making the evening much nicer. Umbrellas went up and the preshow concluded. The rains stopped before the “Wedding Singer” performance, making it a nice evening to see the show. TONY RUTHERFORD