- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- OP-ED: Sexual Assault is Men’s Problem
- Marshall's Health Informatics program ranked No. 1 most affordable in the nation
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- 24 Kanawha County Sex Offenders Found Out of Compliance
- Perdue: WV Must Broaden Energy Portfolio and Reenergize Chemical Industry
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 24, 2014
- Big Sandy Superstore Arena general manager leaving for Pennsylvania
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
HOTS CHILDREN'S PRESHOW
Monday, July 25, 2011 - 03:31 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
The Friday July 22 preshow had a lot of dance numbers and singing from the eighties by children. Many of whom will go on to perform in future main H.O.T. mainstage show productions. The childrens’ preshow is co-directed and choreographed by Mark Smith and Kerri Easter Stambaugh.
Local vocal talent ranged from country NS popular to Barbershop singing. H.O.T. President and Artistic Director Helen Freeman teamed up with husband, Steven D. Freeman who is the H.O.T Scenic Designer and Technical Director, for some impressive singing. The preshow makes it clear there is a lot of good talent in the Tri-State area with a lot of variety.
After three digit hot heat index baking, a gentle rain fell making the evening much nicer. Umbrellas went up and the preshow concluded. The rains stopped before the “Wedding Singer” performance, making it a nice evening to see the show. TONY RUTHERFORD