- Harless Hall of Fame to welcome three new members in ceremony May 7
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Fixing Slips Forced Priority for Huntington, Mayor Says
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- Huntington Water Quality Board Meets Jan. 13 at 11 a.m.
- Generation Huntington Nominees due Friday
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
- Fire Department Holds Kid's Christmas Party at Huntington City Mission
- Huntington Police Arrest Suspect in Car Vandalism
- U.S.: New Home Sales Fall 1.6% in November
HOTS CHILDREN'S PRESHOW
Monday, July 25, 2011 - 03:31 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
The Friday July 22 preshow had a lot of dance numbers and singing from the eighties by children. Many of whom will go on to perform in future main H.O.T. mainstage show productions. The childrens’ preshow is co-directed and choreographed by Mark Smith and Kerri Easter Stambaugh.
Local vocal talent ranged from country NS popular to Barbershop singing. H.O.T. President and Artistic Director Helen Freeman teamed up with husband, Steven D. Freeman who is the H.O.T Scenic Designer and Technical Director, for some impressive singing. The preshow makes it clear there is a lot of good talent in the Tri-State area with a lot of variety.
After three digit hot heat index baking, a gentle rain fell making the evening much nicer. Umbrellas went up and the preshow concluded. The rains stopped before the “Wedding Singer” performance, making it a nice evening to see the show. TONY RUTHERFORD