- WV AFL-CIO President Perdue: July 1 is now Pay Cut Day
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Skynyrd's One More for the Music Fans Due July 24
- Four Huntington Heroin Arrests
- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- Jabberwowcky Kicks off DAWG's Pullman Thursday Series
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Detroit Man Arrested in SWAT Raid
- Mayor Steve Strolls Areas Surrounding Central City IMAGES
HOTS CHILDREN'S PRESHOW
Monday, July 25, 2011 - 03:31 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
The Friday July 22 preshow had a lot of dance numbers and singing from the eighties by children. Many of whom will go on to perform in future main H.O.T. mainstage show productions. The childrens’ preshow is co-directed and choreographed by Mark Smith and Kerri Easter Stambaugh.
Local vocal talent ranged from country NS popular to Barbershop singing. H.O.T. President and Artistic Director Helen Freeman teamed up with husband, Steven D. Freeman who is the H.O.T Scenic Designer and Technical Director, for some impressive singing. The preshow makes it clear there is a lot of good talent in the Tri-State area with a lot of variety.
After three digit hot heat index baking, a gentle rain fell making the evening much nicer. Umbrellas went up and the preshow concluded. The rains stopped before the “Wedding Singer” performance, making it a nice evening to see the show. TONY RUTHERFORD