- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- Manchin Statement on President's Immigration Executive Actions
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- DEVELOPING ... Council Considering Shortfall Projection
- Rep.-elect Jenkins selected for Appropriations Committee
- Schray earns national honors as top professor in West Virginia
Pat McGeehan Believes NSA Scandal Has Gone “Too Far”
The news comes after it was announced that the Obama administration used the IRS to attack conservative groups and the AP was wiretapped by the Justice Department.
“After the IRS and AP wiretap scandals, it is apparent that the U.S. government is too overreaching and real leadership is needed if we are to return our country to a limited government. If elected as U.S. Senator I will stand to defend the 4th and 5th amendments as well as the other.”
The National Security Agency used provisions in the PATRIOT Act to find the authority to spy on Americans’ phone conversations, without requiring probable cause.
Pat McGeehan’s Republican challenger, Shelley Moore Capito, voted in favor of the PATRIOT Act twice during the Bush and Obama administrations.
“I know conservatives in this great state are against unconstitutional searches and seizures and it’s time our elected officials stand up against this Obama administration and protect our freedoms” explained McGeehan. “I take my oath of office seriously, and I will fight for a constitutional government to pass down to our children but we must act now.”
Pat McGeehan is the conservative candidate running for U.S. Senate from W.Va. Pat’s website can be found at www.McGeehan2014.com.