- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington’s Council Charter Committee Adds Recommendation to Lengthen Executive Search Time from 60 to 120 Days
- Marshall medical students provide treatment to more than a thousand Hondurans during international mission
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 18, 2014
- MOUNTAINEER CHALLENGE ACADEMY: Free Military School Better Option Than Dropping Out
- Ona Speedway Precision Pump & Valve Imagery
- CSB Investigation Finds No Record of Inspections on Freedom Industries Chemical Storage Tanks
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program again ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Begins Accepting Consumer Complaints on Prepaid Cards, Additional Nonbank Products; Nonbank Products Include Debt Settlement and Credit Repair Services, Pawn and Title Loans
LETTER: Are Governmental Agencies Criminal, Clueless or Both Regarding Due Process?
The recent National Security Agency’s violation of the 4th Amendment by tracking Verizon Wireless Customers and their call records is a great example of this.
While the people are outraged that this would occur, and point their fingers at the Obama Administration, the fact is one of our “own” is responsible for this tyranny.
That’s right, one of West Virginia’s own “Star” Republicans is to blame.
Shelley Moore Capito, darling of the West Virginia GOP, voted not once but TWICE to violate the 4th Amendment, and voted for the so called Patriot Act that allows the Obama Administration to spy on ALL Americans without a warrant, and then supported the repeal of the 5th and 6th Amendments by voting for the National Defense Authorization Act, which allows the government to detain you indefinitely, even ship YOU to foreign prisons, without a trial or due process.
Not only that, but she has also voted for CISPA to allow Obama and his team to spy on all of your email as well.
Now Shelley Moore Capito is running for the US Senate, with the blessings of many West Virginia State Politicians and GOP Party Officials.
While you are busy shaking your fist at the Obama Administration, you are missing the point. It is a fellow West Virginian that has given them permission to do such.
The 4th Amendment says- “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized”
It is time to hold fellow West Virginians accountable for these violations.
For Liberty begins at home, and we must clean our own house.
We must look beyond the letter, R or D, behind the name of a politician or candidate, and instead focus on their record, for actions speak much louder than words.
Be they clueless of your Constitutional Rights, or be they criminal in their violation thereof, we the PEOPLE are the defenders of the Constitution, as such we must hold politicians accountable for their criminal acts.
For Big Brother is coming, with the help of so called republicans like Shelley Moore Capito.
S. Chris Anders
West Virginia Campaign for Liberty