- Hunyington Police Arrest Male with Firearm on School Property
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Man Arrested by Huntington Police for Possession
- Stories of Homelessness
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
- 2,200 Attended Tsubasacon Which Wrapped Up Sunday IMAGES
Caped Crusader Asks for Partnership with Council
Having appeared at events and schools in Ohio and Kentucky andas far away as Logan, WV, Buckland asked for council’s assistance in deliveringa no drug,no bullying, never give up , always do the right thing, andhelp others in need to Huntington children.
“Since we started this last year, we have been in front of over 30,000 children”, explained Buckland who attended the meeting in full costume. Most recently he joined forces with the Cabell County Prosecutor’s Office to deliver his message to kids who have been victims of crime
“I would like to work a strategic partnership with council to bring this message to our children”, Buckland said. “We all know children are the future.”
Councilman Rick Simmons complimented Buckland for “standing up for what you feel in your heart”. Simmons pledged support from his district which represents Altizer, Guyandotte, and part of Highlawn.
“I will support you and I will give you money from my micro-grant”, Simmons said. Martha Evans, administrator at Guyandotte Elementary school enthusiastically welcomed the Caped Crusader. “Yes, we want him in Guyandotte, that would be wonderful”, Ms. Evans said from the gallery, which led to a round of applause.
Simmons continued that in order to achieve Mayor Steve Williams’ vision of an exceptional city, “we need to bring our children up. I think you have the message to do it”.
Councilman Scott Caserta thanked Buckland for all that he is doing. “We think this is a little bit humorous but kids take this seriously and they need role models”, said Caserta, the self-described father of a beautifulnine year old girl going on fourteen. “I’m with you 100%”.