- Improper Notice Apparently Given of Meeting that Removed Chairman Caserta
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- Here Come the Costumes Before Halloween
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Will Ferrell to Play for Reds Tomorrow
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- New Manager Named for Big Sandy Arena
- Broadway’s Beauty and the Beast to Enchant Huntington
- Herd Headed Back to Birmingham for Postseason Play
First session of orientation set for June 18 at Marshall University
Students who have been admitted for fall 2013 and have paid their $100 enrollment deposit are eligible to register for a New Student Orientation session. The sessions are designed to get students started on the path to success as Marshall students.
"It's really their first day as Marshall University students, their first day on campus," said Beth Wolfe, director of recruitment at Marshall. "The most valuable part is the time they spend with their advisers to go over their schedules, and really the whole four-year plan."
A program specifically designed for parents also is available, Wolfe said.
"Whether it's their first child or their fifth child going to college, they will receive some valuable information on how to support their son or daughter and help him or her to be successful," she said.
Here are the dates for orientation:
June 18 - (Honors College students only) June 19, 20, 21 (registration for all three days is closed) July 9, 10, 11, 12 (registration for July 9 is closed. Aug. 1,2
Wolfe said each orientation session is a busy, half-day program that includes many activities. A maximum of 225 students may attend each session, with an estimated 180-200 attending the Honors College session. At orientation, students can:
- register for fall classes and discuss their schedule with an adviserlearn about campus housing or the resources available to commuter students
- get their pictures taken for their student I.D.'s
- learn about campus IT resources
- take a tour of campus
- attend a financial aid workshop
Call the orientation office at 304-696-2354 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 304-696-2354 FREE end_of_the_skype_highlighting for more information or visit http://muwww-new.marshall.edu/recruitment/orientation.- See more at: http://muwww-new.marshall.edu/ucomm/university-communications-press-rele...