- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Here Come the Costumes Before Halloween
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- OP-ED: Desert Pilgrimage to the Cradle of the Bomb
- Improper Notice Apparently Given of Meeting that Removed Chairman Caserta
- Honor Flight Takes Off at Tri State Airport Images
- Herd Headed Back to Birmingham for Postseason Play
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2015
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 9, 2015
Application process begins for Fall Graduate Scholarship Tuition Waivers
Applicants must be currently admitted and enrolled in a graduate degree-granting or certificate program at Marshall University. Up to three hours of waiver for graduate coursework will be awarded to qualified applicants. The waiver does not cover online courses.
The awarding of waivers is competitive and is made on the basis of academic achievement and promise, Spindel said. Beginning with the fall semester of 2013, students are eligible for one award in three consecutive semesters (i.e., a student who receives an award in fall 2013 is not eligible for another award until fall 2014; a student who receives an award in spring 2014 is not eligible for another award until Spring 2015; a student who receives an award in summer 2014 is not eligible for another award until summer 2015). In addition, beginning with the fall 2013 scholarship waiver period, students are limited to a maximum of four awards. (Past awards do not apply.)
Deadline for the applications is Friday, July 26. Applicants who are awarded waivers will be notified by e-mail. Waivers are posted to student accounts within 10 business days of approval and registration. Award recipients are responsible for any amount not covered by the waiver. Balances must be paid by the tuition/fee due date noted on the Bursar website at www.marshall.edu/bursar.
Applicants must be registered for graduate courses for fall 2013 by Friday, Aug. 9, in order to receive a waiver. Spindel said applicants are encouraged to register for classes at the same time they submit a waiver application. Waivers for students who are not registered by Aug. 9 will be assigned to other qualified applicants.
Applications are available in the Graduate College office (Old Main 113) on the Huntington campus, through a student's academic department office on the South Charleston campus, or online at http://www.marshall.edu/graduate/forms/tuitionwaiverapplication.pdf. Completed waiver applications may be mailed, emailed, faxed or submitted in person.
For complete information please see: www.marshall.edu/graduate/graduate-scholarship-tuition-waiver/ or contact the Graduate College office at 304-696-6606.