- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- Fre Destroys Business, Apartment Building on 8th Street
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Celebrate the CCJ--and Empower It
- Kentucky man indicted for defrauding U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
Huntington High Army JROTC Students Excel at Junior Cadet Leadership Camp
The cadets completed an obstacle course; learned how to prepare and use one-rope and two rope bridges; made an actual stream crossing using a one-rope bridge; received marksmanship training; went through the army leader reaction course; received water survival training; went through a orienteering course; went up a rock wall; and rappelled from a 60 foot tower.
Meeting the challenge were:
· Cadet Ryan Adkins
· Cadet Josh Chappelle
· Cadet Sara Clark
· Cadet Zach Holley
· Cadet Ronnie Leffingwell
· Cadet Casey Milby
· Cadet Ian Preston
· Cadet Tracey Price
· Cadet Nikolas Roy
Cadets Ryan Adkins and Ronnie Leffingwell were recognized for outstanding leadership and performance at the leader reaction course.
Cadet Tracey price was recognized for outstanding leadership and performance at both the leader reaction course and the obstacle course.
Cadets Joshua Chappelle and Sara Clark were recognized for their personal courage during the camp period.
Cadet Zachary Holley was recognized for his leadership during the camp period.
For more information, please contact Major Paul Clark by calling (304) 528-6426 or by email at email@example.com.