- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
Huntington High Army JROTC Students Excel at Junior Cadet Leadership Camp
The cadets completed an obstacle course; learned how to prepare and use one-rope and two rope bridges; made an actual stream crossing using a one-rope bridge; received marksmanship training; went through the army leader reaction course; received water survival training; went through a orienteering course; went up a rock wall; and rappelled from a 60 foot tower.
Meeting the challenge were:
· Cadet Ryan Adkins
· Cadet Josh Chappelle
· Cadet Sara Clark
· Cadet Zach Holley
· Cadet Ronnie Leffingwell
· Cadet Casey Milby
· Cadet Ian Preston
· Cadet Tracey Price
· Cadet Nikolas Roy
Cadets Ryan Adkins and Ronnie Leffingwell were recognized for outstanding leadership and performance at the leader reaction course.
Cadet Tracey price was recognized for outstanding leadership and performance at both the leader reaction course and the obstacle course.
Cadets Joshua Chappelle and Sara Clark were recognized for their personal courage during the camp period.
Cadet Zachary Holley was recognized for his leadership during the camp period.
For more information, please contact Major Paul Clark by calling (304) 528-6426 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.