- UPDATED... HPD Nets Four Controlled Substance Arrests September 23-24; Burglaries Reported
- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Police Execute Arrest Warrants, Arrest Suspect in Shooting Near Hospital
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- President Gilbert invested at Marshall
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Huntington High Army JROTC Students Excel at Junior Cadet Leadership Camp
The cadets completed an obstacle course; learned how to prepare and use one-rope and two rope bridges; made an actual stream crossing using a one-rope bridge; received marksmanship training; went through the army leader reaction course; received water survival training; went through a orienteering course; went up a rock wall; and rappelled from a 60 foot tower.
Meeting the challenge were:
· Cadet Ryan Adkins
· Cadet Josh Chappelle
· Cadet Sara Clark
· Cadet Zach Holley
· Cadet Ronnie Leffingwell
· Cadet Casey Milby
· Cadet Ian Preston
· Cadet Tracey Price
· Cadet Nikolas Roy
Cadets Ryan Adkins and Ronnie Leffingwell were recognized for outstanding leadership and performance at the leader reaction course.
Cadet Tracey price was recognized for outstanding leadership and performance at both the leader reaction course and the obstacle course.
Cadets Joshua Chappelle and Sara Clark were recognized for their personal courage during the camp period.
Cadet Zachary Holley was recognized for his leadership during the camp period.
For more information, please contact Major Paul Clark by calling (304) 528-6426 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.