- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 20, 2014
- City Welcomes Intern for Promoting Events
- Green and White High School Football Record Setter on Screen
- CFPB Takes Action Against Auto Finance Company for Distorting Borrower Credit Reports; First Investors Fined $2.75 Million for Knowingly Providing Inaccurate Information to Credit Reporting Agencies for Years
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 19, 2014
- Early Childhood Education Providers in West Virginia to Receive Online Resource Platform Developed by CCA For Social Good
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- Huntington Council Agenda Announced; Work Session Monday Evening
- Come and Be 'Frozen' by Elsa at Art Walk; Pullman Concert Series Follows
- CoreLogic: U.S. Had 49,000 Completed Foreclosures in June; Foreclosure inventory down 35 percent nationally from a year ago
Huntington High Army JROTC Students Excel at Junior Cadet Leadership Camp
The cadets completed an obstacle course; learned how to prepare and use one-rope and two rope bridges; made an actual stream crossing using a one-rope bridge; received marksmanship training; went through the army leader reaction course; received water survival training; went through a orienteering course; went up a rock wall; and rappelled from a 60 foot tower.
Meeting the challenge were:
· Cadet Ryan Adkins
· Cadet Josh Chappelle
· Cadet Sara Clark
· Cadet Zach Holley
· Cadet Ronnie Leffingwell
· Cadet Casey Milby
· Cadet Ian Preston
· Cadet Tracey Price
· Cadet Nikolas Roy
Cadets Ryan Adkins and Ronnie Leffingwell were recognized for outstanding leadership and performance at the leader reaction course.
Cadet Tracey price was recognized for outstanding leadership and performance at both the leader reaction course and the obstacle course.
Cadets Joshua Chappelle and Sara Clark were recognized for their personal courage during the camp period.
Cadet Zachary Holley was recognized for his leadership during the camp period.
For more information, please contact Major Paul Clark by calling (304) 528-6426 or by email at email@example.com.