- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- OP ED COLUMN: Tax Reform Committee Is Covering All Ground
- CFPB Sues Sprint for Cramming Consumers with Unauthorized Third-Party Charges; Sprint Ignored Complaints from Consumers and Cost Them Tens of Millions of Dollars
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- CFPB Report Finds Continued Decline in College Credit Card Agreements; Most Colleges with Credit Card Agreements Do Not Make Them Easily Accessible to Students
Landlord Sentenced for Accepting Drugs in Lieu of Rent
On March 16, 2012, Lowe sold three 30-milligram oxycodone tablets in exchange for $90. Lowe previously leased a rental housing unit to convicted felons Rafael Cee-Erwin Solomon, 31, of Detroit and Shawna Danielle Lee, 26, of Huntington. Lowe told police that he typically received heroin or prescription painkillers from Solomon and Lee as payment for monthly rent. Lowe also purchased oxycodone pills from another resident at the Highlawn Avenue apartment complex. In addition, Lowe sold at least 10 “Norco” brand oxycodone pills once a month. Lowe sold the oxycodone pills for approximately two years.
Solomon was previously sentenced in December 2012 to 11 years and three months in federal prison for conspiracy to distribute cocaine, crack cocaine, oxycodone, and oxymorphone. Danielle Lee was previously sentenced in September 2012 to one year and six months in federal prison for maintaining a residence for the purpose of distributing crack cocaine, cocaine, oxycodone and oxymorphone.
On June 13, 2012, law enforcement officers conducted a traffic stop of Lowe’s vehicle. During the stop, officers found Lowe in possession of 1.1 grams of heroin.