- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington’s Council Charter Committee Adds Recommendation to Lengthen Executive Search Time from 60 to 120 Days
- Marshall medical students provide treatment to more than a thousand Hondurans during international mission
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- MOUNTAINEER CHALLENGE ACADEMY: Free Military School Better Option Than Dropping Out
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 18, 2014
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Begins Accepting Consumer Complaints on Prepaid Cards, Additional Nonbank Products; Nonbank Products Include Debt Settlement and Credit Repair Services, Pawn and Title Loans
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- FNC Index: Home Prices Pick Up Momentum
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
Landlord Sentenced for Accepting Drugs in Lieu of Rent
On March 16, 2012, Lowe sold three 30-milligram oxycodone tablets in exchange for $90. Lowe previously leased a rental housing unit to convicted felons Rafael Cee-Erwin Solomon, 31, of Detroit and Shawna Danielle Lee, 26, of Huntington. Lowe told police that he typically received heroin or prescription painkillers from Solomon and Lee as payment for monthly rent. Lowe also purchased oxycodone pills from another resident at the Highlawn Avenue apartment complex. In addition, Lowe sold at least 10 “Norco” brand oxycodone pills once a month. Lowe sold the oxycodone pills for approximately two years.
Solomon was previously sentenced in December 2012 to 11 years and three months in federal prison for conspiracy to distribute cocaine, crack cocaine, oxycodone, and oxymorphone. Danielle Lee was previously sentenced in September 2012 to one year and six months in federal prison for maintaining a residence for the purpose of distributing crack cocaine, cocaine, oxycodone and oxymorphone.
On June 13, 2012, law enforcement officers conducted a traffic stop of Lowe’s vehicle. During the stop, officers found Lowe in possession of 1.1 grams of heroin.