- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- Huntington Traffic Stop Nails Heroin Dealer
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- Former Williamson Mayor Sentenced
- Councilman Asks for Lawmarker Intervention after Detroit Fugitive Returns, Again Arrested in Huntington
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- Bike license program offers security, vintage plates
Landlord Sentenced for Accepting Drugs in Lieu of Rent
On March 16, 2012, Lowe sold three 30-milligram oxycodone tablets in exchange for $90. Lowe previously leased a rental housing unit to convicted felons Rafael Cee-Erwin Solomon, 31, of Detroit and Shawna Danielle Lee, 26, of Huntington. Lowe told police that he typically received heroin or prescription painkillers from Solomon and Lee as payment for monthly rent. Lowe also purchased oxycodone pills from another resident at the Highlawn Avenue apartment complex. In addition, Lowe sold at least 10 “Norco” brand oxycodone pills once a month. Lowe sold the oxycodone pills for approximately two years.
Solomon was previously sentenced in December 2012 to 11 years and three months in federal prison for conspiracy to distribute cocaine, crack cocaine, oxycodone, and oxymorphone. Danielle Lee was previously sentenced in September 2012 to one year and six months in federal prison for maintaining a residence for the purpose of distributing crack cocaine, cocaine, oxycodone and oxymorphone.
On June 13, 2012, law enforcement officers conducted a traffic stop of Lowe’s vehicle. During the stop, officers found Lowe in possession of 1.1 grams of heroin.