- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Former Prison Employee Appears in Federal Court for Sexual Abuse of Inmate
- Huntington Council Votes to Counter Rising Drug Crime by Hiring Ten New Police Officers at Special Session
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- Huntington Police Make Drug Arrests
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monday, Monday': Three Survivors of Mass Campus Shooting and Their Lives Unfolding Over Four Decades
- Obama Administration Approves NCLB Flexibility Requests for Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota, New York and South Carolina
- Huntington Skateboard Park Exceeds Fund Raising Goals, Phase I Open by December 31
Charleston Man Sentenced for Selling Crack Cocaine
On July 31, 2012, Washington sold .69 grams of crack cocaine to a confidential informant working with the Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Network Team (MDENT) in exchange for $100. The illegal transaction took place in Charleston. Also, on August 7, 2012, Washington met an informant at a predetermined location in Charleston and sold the informant 1.01 grams of crack cocaine in exchange for $200.
On August 12, 2012, officers conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle that was occupied by Washington and an associate. During the traffic stop, a police dog gave a positive indication of the presence of drugs. Police searched the vehicle and found 241 grams of crack cocaine hidden inside of the center console. Washington had obtained the crack cocaine the previous day and admitted that he intended to sell it.