- Huntington Police Make Eight Arrests for Drug Possession
- Hearing Monday for Mayoral Candidate in Magistrate Court
- Mayor Williams Receives USCM Grant for West Edge Factory Solar Training
- City Teams with OVEC to Help WV Flood Victims
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- Huntington Police Report Burglary, Possession, Overdose
- Huntington Council Releases Agenda for June 27 Meeting
- Orlando Mostly Deserted; This was a 9/11, a Former Huntington Resident Believes
- West Virginia American Water Responding to Operational Impacts of Widespread Flooding
- Flooding Closes Greenbrier
Charleston Man Sentenced for Selling Crack Cocaine
On July 31, 2012, Washington sold .69 grams of crack cocaine to a confidential informant working with the Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Network Team (MDENT) in exchange for $100. The illegal transaction took place in Charleston. Also, on August 7, 2012, Washington met an informant at a predetermined location in Charleston and sold the informant 1.01 grams of crack cocaine in exchange for $200.
On August 12, 2012, officers conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle that was occupied by Washington and an associate. During the traffic stop, a police dog gave a positive indication of the presence of drugs. Police searched the vehicle and found 241 grams of crack cocaine hidden inside of the center console. Washington had obtained the crack cocaine the previous day and admitted that he intended to sell it.