- Huntington Council Reduces Top Police Ranks
- Washington D.C. To Hold Massive "Coordinated Terror Attack" Drill This Wednesday
- Huntington Clarifies Purposes of America's Best Community Contest and Winnings ; General Fund Not Recipient
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Iceland knows how to stop teen substance abuse; No one else listening
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Southwest WV a Sacrifice Zone; Pipeline Comment Period Ends Today
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Three Huntington Walks with the Mayor This Week
Facebook Comment on Missing Phone Lands in Federal Court… for now
Originally, Ms. Olako was told she would be suspended for one or two days due to the bad Facebook post of the restaurant, apparently owned by a friend of the sheriff.
However, when the administrative assistant requested a grievance proceeding and presence of her attorney, the Sheriff told her to “leave her keys and door card and get out”.
Her FB comment was posted during non-working hours from her home computer.
She has filed a multiple count wrongful termination and breach of contract complaint against the Ohio County Commission. The Commission deemed it a civil rights complaint and moved it to federal court. The former administrative aide wants the case heard in state court.
You can download the initial complaint by clicking here.
- Complaint against Ohio County Commission (698.17 KB)