- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Forensic Science Graduate Program ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- HPD Arrest Two for Burglary
- Mayor, City Have Busy Event Schedule
- Huntington Council Hears Preparation for School and Stanford Park Road Repair Ordinance
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- WV Hotdog Festival Saturday at Pullman Square
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Recreation center offers public fitness classes, demos and ‘freebies’ Jan. 13
Visitors will be able to experience all the recreation center has to offer, include a climbing wall, sport courts, fitness machines and an aquatics center with a vortex pool, all of which will be available Thursday. In addition to use of the facilities, demonstrations and classes will be open to everyone. Those who attend a class will receive a free biodegradable water bottle.
Current members of the recreation center can get one free month of membership for each person they bring Thursday who signs up for a three-month membership, which also will be discounted 15 percent.
Also, students, faculty and staff members may sign up for the Faculty/Staff Fitness Challenge and earn great prizes. Membership isn’t required for the fitness challenge, which begins Jan. 17.
Here is the schedule of the recreation center’s group fitness and instructional programs:
12:15 to 12:45 p.m. – C.U.T. (Cross-training Under Thirty)
5:15 to 5:45 p.m. – Express Spin
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Hatha Yoga
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Sport Circuit
6 to 7 p.m. – Spin-60
6:30 to 7:30 p.m. – Zumba
7:15 to 8 p.m. – Butts and Guts
7:30 to 8:15 p.m. – Spin-45
8 to 9 p.m. – Zumba