- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Man Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- WWE Fans Asked to Arrive Early Sunday due to Security Screenings
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
Recreation center offers public fitness classes, demos and ‘freebies’ Jan. 13
Visitors will be able to experience all the recreation center has to offer, include a climbing wall, sport courts, fitness machines and an aquatics center with a vortex pool, all of which will be available Thursday. In addition to use of the facilities, demonstrations and classes will be open to everyone. Those who attend a class will receive a free biodegradable water bottle.
Current members of the recreation center can get one free month of membership for each person they bring Thursday who signs up for a three-month membership, which also will be discounted 15 percent.
Also, students, faculty and staff members may sign up for the Faculty/Staff Fitness Challenge and earn great prizes. Membership isn’t required for the fitness challenge, which begins Jan. 17.
Here is the schedule of the recreation center’s group fitness and instructional programs:
12:15 to 12:45 p.m. – C.U.T. (Cross-training Under Thirty)
5:15 to 5:45 p.m. – Express Spin
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Hatha Yoga
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Sport Circuit
6 to 7 p.m. – Spin-60
6:30 to 7:30 p.m. – Zumba
7:15 to 8 p.m. – Butts and Guts
7:30 to 8:15 p.m. – Spin-45
8 to 9 p.m. – Zumba