- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
Recreation center offers public fitness classes, demos and ‘freebies’ Jan. 13
Visitors will be able to experience all the recreation center has to offer, include a climbing wall, sport courts, fitness machines and an aquatics center with a vortex pool, all of which will be available Thursday. In addition to use of the facilities, demonstrations and classes will be open to everyone. Those who attend a class will receive a free biodegradable water bottle.
Current members of the recreation center can get one free month of membership for each person they bring Thursday who signs up for a three-month membership, which also will be discounted 15 percent.
Also, students, faculty and staff members may sign up for the Faculty/Staff Fitness Challenge and earn great prizes. Membership isn’t required for the fitness challenge, which begins Jan. 17.
Here is the schedule of the recreation center’s group fitness and instructional programs:
12:15 to 12:45 p.m. – C.U.T. (Cross-training Under Thirty)
5:15 to 5:45 p.m. – Express Spin
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Hatha Yoga
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Sport Circuit
6 to 7 p.m. – Spin-60
6:30 to 7:30 p.m. – Zumba
7:15 to 8 p.m. – Butts and Guts
7:30 to 8:15 p.m. – Spin-45
8 to 9 p.m. – Zumba