- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 20, 2014
- Rep.-elect Jenkins selected for Appropriations Committee
- Southwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force Successful in First Year of Operation
- Detroit Man Arrested as River to Jail Moves Forward
Recreation center offers public fitness classes, demos and ‘freebies’ Jan. 13
Visitors will be able to experience all the recreation center has to offer, include a climbing wall, sport courts, fitness machines and an aquatics center with a vortex pool, all of which will be available Thursday. In addition to use of the facilities, demonstrations and classes will be open to everyone. Those who attend a class will receive a free biodegradable water bottle.
Current members of the recreation center can get one free month of membership for each person they bring Thursday who signs up for a three-month membership, which also will be discounted 15 percent.
Also, students, faculty and staff members may sign up for the Faculty/Staff Fitness Challenge and earn great prizes. Membership isn’t required for the fitness challenge, which begins Jan. 17.
Here is the schedule of the recreation center’s group fitness and instructional programs:
12:15 to 12:45 p.m. – C.U.T. (Cross-training Under Thirty)
5:15 to 5:45 p.m. – Express Spin
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Hatha Yoga
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Sport Circuit
6 to 7 p.m. – Spin-60
6:30 to 7:30 p.m. – Zumba
7:15 to 8 p.m. – Butts and Guts
7:30 to 8:15 p.m. – Spin-45
8 to 9 p.m. – Zumba