- Cruzin' Car Show on Third Avenue this Weekend
- Arts Center Alum John Wolfe Performs Saturday Night at the Joan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for May 23, 2013
- NOVA Calls for End of "American Centrifuge" Hoax
- EDITORIAL: IRS Scandal Shows Damage Done by Biased National Press
- OP-ED: Legacies of Empire: the Good, the bad and the ugly
- Huntington Car Show This Weekend
- Council Removes Occupation Tax from Home Rule, Substitutes On the Spot Citations
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns Across the Border': Firsthand Account of Gunrunning Operations in Bush, Obama Administrations
- Six Million Men and Six Million Women Came Together for World War II Victory
Recreation center offers public fitness classes, demos and ‘freebies’ Jan. 13
Visitors will be able to experience all the recreation center has to offer, include a climbing wall, sport courts, fitness machines and an aquatics center with a vortex pool, all of which will be available Thursday. In addition to use of the facilities, demonstrations and classes will be open to everyone. Those who attend a class will receive a free biodegradable water bottle.
Current members of the recreation center can get one free month of membership for each person they bring Thursday who signs up for a three-month membership, which also will be discounted 15 percent.
Also, students, faculty and staff members may sign up for the Faculty/Staff Fitness Challenge and earn great prizes. Membership isn’t required for the fitness challenge, which begins Jan. 17.
Here is the schedule of the recreation center’s group fitness and instructional programs:
12:15 to 12:45 p.m. – C.U.T. (Cross-training Under Thirty)
5:15 to 5:45 p.m. – Express Spin
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Hatha Yoga
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Sport Circuit
6 to 7 p.m. – Spin-60
6:30 to 7:30 p.m. – Zumba
7:15 to 8 p.m. – Butts and Guts
7:30 to 8:15 p.m. – Spin-45
8 to 9 p.m. – Zumba