- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- OP ED COLUMN: Tax Reform Committee Is Covering All Ground
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Yale Law School professor featured speaker as Amicus Curiae series begins at Marshall University
- Charleston heroin and meth dealer enters federal guilty plea
- Census Bureau Estimates Show How School-Age Child Poverty in Every County Compares with Prerecession Levels
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Stadium Seats, Power Cords, and Other Product Recalls
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
Recreation center offers public fitness classes, demos and ‘freebies’ Jan. 13
Visitors will be able to experience all the recreation center has to offer, include a climbing wall, sport courts, fitness machines and an aquatics center with a vortex pool, all of which will be available Thursday. In addition to use of the facilities, demonstrations and classes will be open to everyone. Those who attend a class will receive a free biodegradable water bottle.
Current members of the recreation center can get one free month of membership for each person they bring Thursday who signs up for a three-month membership, which also will be discounted 15 percent.
Also, students, faculty and staff members may sign up for the Faculty/Staff Fitness Challenge and earn great prizes. Membership isn’t required for the fitness challenge, which begins Jan. 17.
Here is the schedule of the recreation center’s group fitness and instructional programs:
12:15 to 12:45 p.m. – C.U.T. (Cross-training Under Thirty)
5:15 to 5:45 p.m. – Express Spin
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Hatha Yoga
5:45 to 6:15 p.m. – Sport Circuit
6 to 7 p.m. – Spin-60
6:30 to 7:30 p.m. – Zumba
7:15 to 8 p.m. – Butts and Guts
7:30 to 8:15 p.m. – Spin-45
8 to 9 p.m. – Zumba