- Former Mayor Kim Wolfe Breaks Silence; Williams Takes Credit for Foundations Laid in Wolfe Administration
- DEVELOPING.... Proposed Council Action Likely Wound Increase Movie Ticket Costs for Adults and Children
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Barboursville Holds Christmas Parade; Santa, Elsa, Marching Bands IMAGES
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
Huntington Ends Fiscal Year with $1.5 Million Surplus
Williams indicated the approved "partial budget" had contained "holes" that could be filled if necessary. "We knew what we were doing", Williams said, explaining, "We had been told we were $1.5 million short on healthcare", so an additional $70,000 had been made available just in case.
On Thursday, July 19, the city celebrates the opening of the Hampton Inn at Kinetic Park.
"I'm benefiting from things [council and the prior administration] did the last four years. We put pretty good policies in place."
He continued, "I'm proud that I'm able to stand here on behalf of the citizens of Huntington. We will have even bigger things to announce [in the future]."
Although one fiscal year is finished, Williams said there's "no time to gloat", adding, "we still have to get through this [2013-2014] fiscal year."