- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
Huntington Ends Fiscal Year with $1.5 Million Surplus
Williams indicated the approved "partial budget" had contained "holes" that could be filled if necessary. "We knew what we were doing", Williams said, explaining, "We had been told we were $1.5 million short on healthcare", so an additional $70,000 had been made available just in case.
On Thursday, July 19, the city celebrates the opening of the Hampton Inn at Kinetic Park.
"I'm benefiting from things [council and the prior administration] did the last four years. We put pretty good policies in place."
He continued, "I'm proud that I'm able to stand here on behalf of the citizens of Huntington. We will have even bigger things to announce [in the future]."
Although one fiscal year is finished, Williams said there's "no time to gloat", adding, "we still have to get through this [2013-2014] fiscal year."