- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- DEVELOPING... Snowfall Continues, Road Closings Reported
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cuba: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean
- DEVELOPING: Thousands without Power in Cabell, including part of Marshall
Huntington Ends Fiscal Year with $1.5 Million Surplus
Williams indicated the approved "partial budget" had contained "holes" that could be filled if necessary. "We knew what we were doing", Williams said, explaining, "We had been told we were $1.5 million short on healthcare", so an additional $70,000 had been made available just in case.
On Thursday, July 19, the city celebrates the opening of the Hampton Inn at Kinetic Park.
"I'm benefiting from things [council and the prior administration] did the last four years. We put pretty good policies in place."
He continued, "I'm proud that I'm able to stand here on behalf of the citizens of Huntington. We will have even bigger things to announce [in the future]."
Although one fiscal year is finished, Williams said there's "no time to gloat", adding, "we still have to get through this [2013-2014] fiscal year."