- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- MU Theatre Announces Season, Ticket Specials
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Kamla is right: Joint Caribbean action vital to ensure no health crisis
Garrison Files for Congress
“It’s time to solve problems, and for the hard working folks of Ohio’s Sixth Congressional District to have a fighter for our middle class families,” said Garrison. “Both political parties have not focused enough on jobs, job security, and the kitchen table issues that our neighbors and families face everyday. Whether it’s been improving education funding for rural Ohio, keeping utility rates low for consumers and manufacturers, or demanding transparency from the legislature, I have a track record of getting results and look forward to this campaign.”
Jennifer Garrison, a Democrat, previously served as a state representative from 2004 to 2010, representing all of Noble, Monroe, and Guernsey counties and parts of Washington and Muskingum counties. In recognition of her ability to forge legislative alliances and achieve solutions, Jennifer’s peers elected her to a statehouse leadership role.
After retiring from the legislature, Jennifer Garrison founded the Southeastern Ohio Landowners' Association, which has helped landowners throughout the region collectively negotiate bonus payments in excess of $250 million on their shale oil and gas mineral leases. The Association won national recognition for helping Ohio landowners get the best possible financial compensation from the oil and gas companies, while also protecting their land and water.
Garrison added, "This oil and gas energy boom will create thousands of jobs in Southeast Ohio, but it's important that we make sure the benefits come to landowners, and not just the oil and gas companies. I'm proud of the Association's efforts to help working people, and I want to take that attitude to Washington."
Columbiana County Treasurer and former State Representative Linda Bolon added, “Having served in the Ohio House with Jennifer Garrison, I know she is very, very smart, always prepared, and fiercely committed to the people she serves. Her strong support of union issues combined with her ability to create jobs as a business person makes her an ideal representative who will be able to reach across party lines, apply some common sense and get things done.”
Garrison also named Mahoning County Commissioner Anthony Traficanti as Honorary Campaign Chair. “I am honored to receive Anthony’s support and to name him an Honorary Campaign Chair. His knowledge of the region will be indispensable.”
“I am convinced that Jennifer’s passion for the region and her proven record of getting results will make her a great representative in Congress,” said Traficanti in endorsing Garrison’s campaign.
Jennifer’s bio can be found at jennifergarrison.com