- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Man Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
- West Virginia joins America’s State Parks in challenge to “#OptOutside” beginning Black Friday
- CFPB Spotlights Concerns with Medical Debt Collection and Reporting; CFPB to Require Credit Reporting Agencies to Regularly Report on Consumer Disputes
Garrison Files for Congress
“It’s time to solve problems, and for the hard working folks of Ohio’s Sixth Congressional District to have a fighter for our middle class families,” said Garrison. “Both political parties have not focused enough on jobs, job security, and the kitchen table issues that our neighbors and families face everyday. Whether it’s been improving education funding for rural Ohio, keeping utility rates low for consumers and manufacturers, or demanding transparency from the legislature, I have a track record of getting results and look forward to this campaign.”
Jennifer Garrison, a Democrat, previously served as a state representative from 2004 to 2010, representing all of Noble, Monroe, and Guernsey counties and parts of Washington and Muskingum counties. In recognition of her ability to forge legislative alliances and achieve solutions, Jennifer’s peers elected her to a statehouse leadership role.
After retiring from the legislature, Jennifer Garrison founded the Southeastern Ohio Landowners' Association, which has helped landowners throughout the region collectively negotiate bonus payments in excess of $250 million on their shale oil and gas mineral leases. The Association won national recognition for helping Ohio landowners get the best possible financial compensation from the oil and gas companies, while also protecting their land and water.
Garrison added, "This oil and gas energy boom will create thousands of jobs in Southeast Ohio, but it's important that we make sure the benefits come to landowners, and not just the oil and gas companies. I'm proud of the Association's efforts to help working people, and I want to take that attitude to Washington."
Columbiana County Treasurer and former State Representative Linda Bolon added, “Having served in the Ohio House with Jennifer Garrison, I know she is very, very smart, always prepared, and fiercely committed to the people she serves. Her strong support of union issues combined with her ability to create jobs as a business person makes her an ideal representative who will be able to reach across party lines, apply some common sense and get things done.”
Garrison also named Mahoning County Commissioner Anthony Traficanti as Honorary Campaign Chair. “I am honored to receive Anthony’s support and to name him an Honorary Campaign Chair. His knowledge of the region will be indispensable.”
“I am convinced that Jennifer’s passion for the region and her proven record of getting results will make her a great representative in Congress,” said Traficanti in endorsing Garrison’s campaign.
Jennifer’s bio can be found at jennifergarrison.com