- West Huntington Drug Bust
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Huntington's First Woman Fire Chief Beams,"Whatever They Choose to Be , Young Girls Can Be That"
- Finance Committee Hears Highlights of Local 598 Labor Management
- Marshall University to hold 10th annual fundraiser for children with communication and swallowing disorders
- Huntington woman pleads guilty to federal heroin charge
- HarbisonWalker International Selects Location for New Monolithics Refractory Plant
- Annapolis Has Nearly Double Overdoses in First Months of 2017
- Huntington Council Unanimously Approves Budget
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
Boil Advisory Issued for Near Downtown
Monday, July 22, 2013 - 15:00
The advisory follows a water main break, which West Virginia American Water crews are working to repair as quickly as possible. Customers may
experience low water pressure or a disruption in water service for four to 12 hours until repairs are complete.
Once service is restored, affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring
water used for drinking, cooking, bathing, showering and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using
bottled water; most home water filters will not provide
adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting
additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more
information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center