- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Lady Who Cried Murder': Sixth Entry in Lauren Carr's Mac Faraday Mysteries Takes on Bullies, Corrupt Politicians, Reality Stars
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Mar. 10, 2014
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: A Southern Saint Patrick's Day Remembrance
- Legislative Funding Cut Will Lead to Closure of West Virginia Poison Center
- Moody's Raises Huntington Bond Rating
- ON TV TONIGHT, Feb. 24, 2014: Investigation Discovery Explores Whether the Sun Has Set On the Exclusionary Practice of Sundown Towns in Modern-Day America
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Video: Learn What's Coming When MU's Visual Arts Center Opens
- Hayes, Littlepage Honored for Contributions to 'Grass Roots' Huntington Art Walk
Boil Advisory Issued for Near Downtown
Monday, July 22, 2013 - 15:00
The advisory follows a water main break, which West Virginia American Water crews are working to repair as quickly as possible. Customers may
experience low water pressure or a disruption in water service for four to 12 hours until repairs are complete.
Once service is restored, affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring
water used for drinking, cooking, bathing, showering and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using
bottled water; most home water filters will not provide
adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting
additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more
information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center