- HPD Nets Four Controlled Substance Arrests September 23-24
- Police Execute Arrest Warrants, Arrest Suspect in Shooting Near Hospital
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- UPDATE: Pike County Multiple Murder Investigation; Redacted Autopsy Reports Released
Boil Advisory Issued for Near Downtown
Monday, July 22, 2013 - 15:00
The advisory follows a water main break, which West Virginia American Water crews are working to repair as quickly as possible. Customers may
experience low water pressure or a disruption in water service for four to 12 hours until repairs are complete.
Once service is restored, affected customers should boil their water before consumption until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms that may be present in the water. Customers are asked to bring
water used for drinking, cooking, bathing, showering and brushing teeth to a full boil for a minimum of one minute, then cool before use.
West Virginia American Water also recommends the following steps:
· Throw away beverages and ice cubes if made with tap water;
· Keep boiled water in the refrigerator for drinking;
· Provide pets with boiled water after cooling;
· Do not use home filtering devices in place of boiling or using
bottled water; most home water filters will not provide
adequate protection from microorganisms;
· Use only boiled water to treat minor injuries.
Once the system recovers, West Virginia American Water will be collecting
additional water quality samples in the area of the outage. For more
information, contact West Virginia American Water’s customer service center