- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Four Sentenced on Heroin Charges in Beckley
Blues Festival Line Up Announced
Sutton said, “The focus this year is to highlight the great local and regional talent in the Huntington area”. Great musicians like Bob McGraw, John Taylor and Larry Whitt will perform, as well as great local bands. 1937 Flood, Big Rock and the Candy Ass Mountain Boys, C & S Railroad and Mojo Bones will entertain the crowd. And back by popular demand, Liz and Doc will headline this FREE Blues event, followed by an amazing Blues Jam by The West Virginia Blues Wrecking Crew, an array of the evening’s greatest Blues artists!
The Diamond Teeth Mary Blues & Art Festival honors the legendary “Queen of Blues” Mary McClain, whose roots were in Huntington, West Virginia. Upon her death, McClain’s ashes were scattered at Heritage Station, at her request. This was where she hopped her first train in 1915 to leave her home and follow her dream.
The Festival also hosts a youth art competition. Young area artists and hopefuls are invited to create a 2 or 3 dimensional piece of art and submit their work for judging. Cash and prizes will be awarded! The theme for this year’s art competition is Blues History.
For more information, contact the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District at 304.696.5954 or log on to ghprd.org