- Caserta Asks Prosecutor to Reconsider Petition Against Williams
- BREAKING ... West Virginia State Police to Consider Caserta Complaint
- Mayor Williams Tells His Side ; Link to Mayor Steve Williams on Tom Roten Morning Show
- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Jabberwowcky Kicks off DAWG's Pullman Thursday Series
- Herd Headed Back to Birmingham for Postseason Play
- Alleged Nuclear Material Control and Accountability Weaknesses at the Department of Energy's Portsmouth Project
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Thundering Herd IMG Network to Air 10 Baseball Broadcasts
Blues Festival Line Up Announced
Sutton said, “The focus this year is to highlight the great local and regional talent in the Huntington area”. Great musicians like Bob McGraw, John Taylor and Larry Whitt will perform, as well as great local bands. 1937 Flood, Big Rock and the Candy Ass Mountain Boys, C & S Railroad and Mojo Bones will entertain the crowd. And back by popular demand, Liz and Doc will headline this FREE Blues event, followed by an amazing Blues Jam by The West Virginia Blues Wrecking Crew, an array of the evening’s greatest Blues artists!
The Diamond Teeth Mary Blues & Art Festival honors the legendary “Queen of Blues” Mary McClain, whose roots were in Huntington, West Virginia. Upon her death, McClain’s ashes were scattered at Heritage Station, at her request. This was where she hopped her first train in 1915 to leave her home and follow her dream.
The Festival also hosts a youth art competition. Young area artists and hopefuls are invited to create a 2 or 3 dimensional piece of art and submit their work for judging. Cash and prizes will be awarded! The theme for this year’s art competition is Blues History.
For more information, contact the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District at 304.696.5954 or log on to ghprd.org