- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Gets Ready to Regatta
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Huntington Council Announces Meeting Agenda
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- Brian Bracey named associate vice president for development at MU
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
Blues Festival Line Up Announced
Sutton said, “The focus this year is to highlight the great local and regional talent in the Huntington area”. Great musicians like Bob McGraw, John Taylor and Larry Whitt will perform, as well as great local bands. 1937 Flood, Big Rock and the Candy Ass Mountain Boys, C & S Railroad and Mojo Bones will entertain the crowd. And back by popular demand, Liz and Doc will headline this FREE Blues event, followed by an amazing Blues Jam by The West Virginia Blues Wrecking Crew, an array of the evening’s greatest Blues artists!
The Diamond Teeth Mary Blues & Art Festival honors the legendary “Queen of Blues” Mary McClain, whose roots were in Huntington, West Virginia. Upon her death, McClain’s ashes were scattered at Heritage Station, at her request. This was where she hopped her first train in 1915 to leave her home and follow her dream.
The Festival also hosts a youth art competition. Young area artists and hopefuls are invited to create a 2 or 3 dimensional piece of art and submit their work for judging. Cash and prizes will be awarded! The theme for this year’s art competition is Blues History.
For more information, contact the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District at 304.696.5954 or log on to ghprd.org