- Former Charleston Job Corps Center employee pleads guilty to misappropriating government funds
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Ohio Children’s Hospitals Develop New Interventions to Prevent Repeat Child Abuse
- Doctor honors family’s medical legacy with School of Medicine scholarship
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Zombies are coming to Barboursville
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Lewis College of Business appoints new division heads
Blues Festival Line Up Announced
Sutton said, “The focus this year is to highlight the great local and regional talent in the Huntington area”. Great musicians like Bob McGraw, John Taylor and Larry Whitt will perform, as well as great local bands. 1937 Flood, Big Rock and the Candy Ass Mountain Boys, C & S Railroad and Mojo Bones will entertain the crowd. And back by popular demand, Liz and Doc will headline this FREE Blues event, followed by an amazing Blues Jam by The West Virginia Blues Wrecking Crew, an array of the evening’s greatest Blues artists!
The Diamond Teeth Mary Blues & Art Festival honors the legendary “Queen of Blues” Mary McClain, whose roots were in Huntington, West Virginia. Upon her death, McClain’s ashes were scattered at Heritage Station, at her request. This was where she hopped her first train in 1915 to leave her home and follow her dream.
The Festival also hosts a youth art competition. Young area artists and hopefuls are invited to create a 2 or 3 dimensional piece of art and submit their work for judging. Cash and prizes will be awarded! The theme for this year’s art competition is Blues History.
For more information, contact the Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District at 304.696.5954 or log on to ghprd.org