- Protecting the integrity of Social Security
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- More than $200,000 in Heroin, Cocaine Seized as Part of Ongoing Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Attorney General Morrisey, 21 States Win Gun Rights Victory
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Attorney General Morrisey Announces Multistate Settlement with Mortgage Provider
- COLUMN: The Republican Debate: Who Goes First?
- WAAAHHHH…but we don’t wanna get arrested!!
School of Pharmacy students receive Walgreens diversity awards
James Frazier, from Louisville, Ky., was named recipient of the 2012-2013 Marshall University School of Pharmacy Walgreens Diversity and Inclusion Excellence Award for his strong commitment to raise diversity and inclusion awareness on the pharmacy campus.
Also, Frazier and classmate Priscilla Adjei-Baffour who is from New York, N.Y., were awarded the Walgreens Student Diversity Award.
Dr. Shelvy M. Campbell, assistant dean for diversity at the School of Pharmacy, said both students are exemplary in their commitment to diversity on campus.
"James and Priscilla have been important partners in our mission to create an environment at the School of Pharmacy that is welcoming and nurturing to all students, particularly those from underrepresented minority groups in pharmacy," Campbell said. "These two students are true leaders and we are honored they have chosen Marshall for their pharmacy education."
Walgreens awarded the School of Pharmacy the scholarship money last fall.
According to the company, its gift strategy is three-fold: to increase the availability of education assistance for underrepresented students enrolled in pharmacy programs; to support the development of pipeline and recruitment programs targeting minority students; and to support awareness initiatives and programs that focus on building a diverse, supportive and inclusive culture.