- McDonie family establishes Marshall School of Medicine Scholarship
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Huntington Police Net Eleven Individual Arrests Jan. 13 & Early Hours of Jan. 14
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- LOCATION CHANGE: Inaugural Private Party Planned for Schlotzsky's
- Marshall to be home of Ellis Marsalis International Jazz Piano Competition, Festival
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
School of Pharmacy students receive Walgreens diversity awards
James Frazier, from Louisville, Ky., was named recipient of the 2012-2013 Marshall University School of Pharmacy Walgreens Diversity and Inclusion Excellence Award for his strong commitment to raise diversity and inclusion awareness on the pharmacy campus.
Also, Frazier and classmate Priscilla Adjei-Baffour who is from New York, N.Y., were awarded the Walgreens Student Diversity Award.
Dr. Shelvy M. Campbell, assistant dean for diversity at the School of Pharmacy, said both students are exemplary in their commitment to diversity on campus.
"James and Priscilla have been important partners in our mission to create an environment at the School of Pharmacy that is welcoming and nurturing to all students, particularly those from underrepresented minority groups in pharmacy," Campbell said. "These two students are true leaders and we are honored they have chosen Marshall for their pharmacy education."
Walgreens awarded the School of Pharmacy the scholarship money last fall.
According to the company, its gift strategy is three-fold: to increase the availability of education assistance for underrepresented students enrolled in pharmacy programs; to support the development of pipeline and recruitment programs targeting minority students; and to support awareness initiatives and programs that focus on building a diverse, supportive and inclusive culture.