- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- Chairman Caserta Does Not Favor "Pulling Monies" from Accounts
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Feb. 27, 2015
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- EPA Orders CSX to Clean up Areas Impacted by West Virginia Train Derailment
- Huntington Mayor's Budget Puts Possible Fee Increase Decisions on City Council's Plate
- West Virginia Senate Unanimously Passes Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Claims Transparency Act
- Cabell Midland Downs Capitol High in Girls Basketball
- Thundering Herd Snaps Skid, Upends UTEP
School of Pharmacy students receive Walgreens diversity awards
James Frazier, from Louisville, Ky., was named recipient of the 2012-2013 Marshall University School of Pharmacy Walgreens Diversity and Inclusion Excellence Award for his strong commitment to raise diversity and inclusion awareness on the pharmacy campus.
Also, Frazier and classmate Priscilla Adjei-Baffour who is from New York, N.Y., were awarded the Walgreens Student Diversity Award.
Dr. Shelvy M. Campbell, assistant dean for diversity at the School of Pharmacy, said both students are exemplary in their commitment to diversity on campus.
"James and Priscilla have been important partners in our mission to create an environment at the School of Pharmacy that is welcoming and nurturing to all students, particularly those from underrepresented minority groups in pharmacy," Campbell said. "These two students are true leaders and we are honored they have chosen Marshall for their pharmacy education."
Walgreens awarded the School of Pharmacy the scholarship money last fall.
According to the company, its gift strategy is three-fold: to increase the availability of education assistance for underrepresented students enrolled in pharmacy programs; to support the development of pipeline and recruitment programs targeting minority students; and to support awareness initiatives and programs that focus on building a diverse, supportive and inclusive culture.