- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Two pill dealers sentenced to Federal prison for drug crimes
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Marshall to offer ACT math camps this summer
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- Detroit heroin dealer pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- WV Boys High School Lacrosse All State Announced
School of Pharmacy students receive Walgreens diversity awards
James Frazier, from Louisville, Ky., was named recipient of the 2012-2013 Marshall University School of Pharmacy Walgreens Diversity and Inclusion Excellence Award for his strong commitment to raise diversity and inclusion awareness on the pharmacy campus.
Also, Frazier and classmate Priscilla Adjei-Baffour who is from New York, N.Y., were awarded the Walgreens Student Diversity Award.
Dr. Shelvy M. Campbell, assistant dean for diversity at the School of Pharmacy, said both students are exemplary in their commitment to diversity on campus.
"James and Priscilla have been important partners in our mission to create an environment at the School of Pharmacy that is welcoming and nurturing to all students, particularly those from underrepresented minority groups in pharmacy," Campbell said. "These two students are true leaders and we are honored they have chosen Marshall for their pharmacy education."
Walgreens awarded the School of Pharmacy the scholarship money last fall.
According to the company, its gift strategy is three-fold: to increase the availability of education assistance for underrepresented students enrolled in pharmacy programs; to support the development of pipeline and recruitment programs targeting minority students; and to support awareness initiatives and programs that focus on building a diverse, supportive and inclusive culture.