- Major Economic Development Announcement for Huntington
- DEVELOPING... Cincinnati TV Station Reports 30 OD's in One Day
- Marshall rolls out active shooter training for faculty, staff and students
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Third meth mule pleads guilty for role in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
- General Counsel at West Virginia Department of Administration Selected as CSG Toll Fellow
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Why Are We Still Wasting Billions on Homeland Security Projects That Don’t Make Us Safer?
- Sandusky County Sheriff Indicted on 43 Counts
- Huntington's professional cosplay model Bunny Bombshell at WV PopCon this weekend
School of Pharmacy students receive Walgreens diversity awards
James Frazier, from Louisville, Ky., was named recipient of the 2012-2013 Marshall University School of Pharmacy Walgreens Diversity and Inclusion Excellence Award for his strong commitment to raise diversity and inclusion awareness on the pharmacy campus.
Also, Frazier and classmate Priscilla Adjei-Baffour who is from New York, N.Y., were awarded the Walgreens Student Diversity Award.
Dr. Shelvy M. Campbell, assistant dean for diversity at the School of Pharmacy, said both students are exemplary in their commitment to diversity on campus.
"James and Priscilla have been important partners in our mission to create an environment at the School of Pharmacy that is welcoming and nurturing to all students, particularly those from underrepresented minority groups in pharmacy," Campbell said. "These two students are true leaders and we are honored they have chosen Marshall for their pharmacy education."
Walgreens awarded the School of Pharmacy the scholarship money last fall.
According to the company, its gift strategy is three-fold: to increase the availability of education assistance for underrepresented students enrolled in pharmacy programs; to support the development of pipeline and recruitment programs targeting minority students; and to support awareness initiatives and programs that focus on building a diverse, supportive and inclusive culture.