- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
Marshall University School of Pharmacy announces creation of new academic scholarship
The scholarship is named in honor of Paula Campbell Butterfield, a pharmacist and longtime owner of Trivillian’s Pharmacy, an iconic independently owned pharmacy in Charleston. Butterfield, who completed her pharmacy degree at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, has owned and operated Trivillian’s for more than 30 years.
In announcing the scholarship, Yingling praised Butterfield for her years of mentoring young women and men in the field of pharmacy.
“Ms. Butterfield’s generosity is obvious, not only in her willingness to create a scholarship for our students, but in her every-day commitment to mentoring young pharmacists in the field,” Yingling said. “Additionally, she is the epitome of what a community pharmacist should be – a valued member of the health care team dedicated to educating her patients about their medications and how to use them safely.”
The Paula Campbell Butterfield Scholarship for the School of Pharmacy will be awarded to a recipient who is a full-time student at the school and a resident of West Virginia. First preference will be for a female student who lives in Kanawha County or an adjacent county (Jackson, Roane, Clay, Nicholas, Fayette, Raleigh, Boone, Lincoln or Putnam). The recipient must have and maintain a 3.0 GPA.
The award is renewable.
For specific information on the scholarship, contact the Marshall University Office of Financial Aid at 304-696-3162.