- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Virginia Commonwealth University to explore yoga’s effect on pregnancy depression
- Carol Polan Likely Replacement Candidate for Husband
- Detroit heroin dealer pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Tamarack to host Appalachian Music & Arts Festival
- Attorney General Morrisey to EPA: Halt Federal Spending on Clean Power Plan
- Huntington Council Hears First Reading on Planned Duplex
- Tri State Live and On Stage
Huntington Likely Gaining Blues Festival
The Facebook posting alleges a "conflict of interest" with the CVB concerning economic impact reports. Further, the litany of complaints include beverage container restrictions, placement of banners, refusal of the city to sell tickets, organizers out of pocket costs for event security and police patrols, objections to a sponsor's banner on stage, lack of promotion, and conflict over facilities used.
"We do this for the Veterans. Please support us wherever we go". The organizers donate profits to the Wounded Warrior Project.
An additional posting adds to the decision on a move to Huntington which will be accompanied with a revised name. Organizers have asked for suggestions that have a "bluesy" name.
"We are also going to pull the Appalachian Blues Competition out of [Charleston] and the bands that enter it", the posting concluded.
The festival attracts about 26,000 viewers. Bands at the May 2013 festival included: Ana Popovic, Bryan Lee & the Blues Power Band, Bavina & the Vagabonds, Kristine Jackson, Lil Malcolm and the House Rockers, Kim Wilson and the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Grand Marquis, Southern Hospitality, Tinsley Ellis, Mud Morganfield, Mojo Theory, KJ Blues
Jack Rice, founder of the West Virginia Blues Society, has been quoted as saying that Huntington will be the fests permanent home. "And, I do mean permanent", he told the H-D.