- Huntington Council Votes to Remove Chairman
- EMail Sent to Council by Caserta
- RAW TRANSCRIPT: Former Chairman Received Conflicting Attorney Advice on Pay Out Authority
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- National Geographic to Debut Mostly WV Filmed "American Genius"
- Mayor Steve Strolls Areas Surrounding Central City IMAGES
- Sticking Together, Surprising Stats; IMAGES Town Meeting Drug Abuse
- Ball: Caserta Went Beyond Asking Questions.... but Let's Move On and Make the City Better
- Hundreds Gather for Drug Addiction Seminar at Central United Methodist IMAGES
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
Huntington Likely Gaining Blues Festival
The Facebook posting alleges a "conflict of interest" with the CVB concerning economic impact reports. Further, the litany of complaints include beverage container restrictions, placement of banners, refusal of the city to sell tickets, organizers out of pocket costs for event security and police patrols, objections to a sponsor's banner on stage, lack of promotion, and conflict over facilities used.
"We do this for the Veterans. Please support us wherever we go". The organizers donate profits to the Wounded Warrior Project.
An additional posting adds to the decision on a move to Huntington which will be accompanied with a revised name. Organizers have asked for suggestions that have a "bluesy" name.
"We are also going to pull the Appalachian Blues Competition out of [Charleston] and the bands that enter it", the posting concluded.
The festival attracts about 26,000 viewers. Bands at the May 2013 festival included: Ana Popovic, Bryan Lee & the Blues Power Band, Bavina & the Vagabonds, Kristine Jackson, Lil Malcolm and the House Rockers, Kim Wilson and the Fabulous Thunderbirds, Grand Marquis, Southern Hospitality, Tinsley Ellis, Mud Morganfield, Mojo Theory, KJ Blues
Jack Rice, founder of the West Virginia Blues Society, has been quoted as saying that Huntington will be the fests permanent home. "And, I do mean permanent", he told the H-D.