- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- SCENES from April 2014 Art Walk
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- Park District Holding Three Easter Egg Hunts
- Huntington Art Walk Resumes Thursday in Downtown; Author at Adell's Antiques
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: The US: Caribbean’s Friend or Unintentional Foe?
- Sen. Manchin Introduces Bill to Keep 150 WV Post Offices Open for Two Years
- CONSUMER ALERT: Jury Duty Phishing Scam; Verified by Snopes
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Risk Advantage': Sports and Auto Racing Examples Can Help Entrepreneurs Succeed
Free Disaster Recovery Workshops Aug. 28-29
The workshop provides an overview of long term recovery and shares lessons learned from decades of experience in large and small disasters. Topics range from organization of a structure overview, to management of construction volunteers and emotion/spiritual care.
Bridgeport United Methodist Church, 251 Washington Drive, Bridgeport, WV will host the Aug. 28 session and the John XXIII Pastoral Center, 100 Hodges Road, Charleston, hosts the Aug. 29 session. Both training seminars begin at 9 a.m. and conclude at 4:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
To register, email email@example.com or call (304) 235-2692, ext. 6.