- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- OP-ED: Sports Need Independent Oversight
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
30 Mile Huntington Project
We are working to educate the public, bring farmers and buyers together, and increase the availability of fresh, local foods in the Huntington area. Improving our health and building a stable local foods economy are two of our goals. We also want to develop Huntington into a dining destination that attracts people from other areas to Huntington to enjoy of food and culture. And since this is a community driven project, we are helping to involve and build our local community as well.
We have many small farms (small by National Standards that is) that produce excellent food including pork, beef, poultry, diary, eggs, and more varieties of produce than you could imagine. Increasing the demand will help these farmers grow their farms and make a living wage, which, in turn, puts more money back into the local economy, benefitting everyone. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN project!!