- For Now City Hall Off Limits to Republican Mayoral Candidate in Huntington
- Huntington Police Make Eight Arrests for Drug Possession
- ANALYSIS: Mayoral Candidate Claims Constitutional, Political Interference... or May God Strike Him with a Lightning Bolt
- Hearing Monday for Mayoral Candidate in Magistrate Court
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Council Passes Union Extensions; Fire Departent Members Line Up in Hallway
- West Virginia American Water Update on Water System Restoration in Flood-Impacted Areas
- Mayor Williams Receives USCM Grant for West Edge Factory Solar Training
- Student to compete on NBC’s ‘American Ninja Warrior’ tonight
30 Mile Huntington Project
We are working to educate the public, bring farmers and buyers together, and increase the availability of fresh, local foods in the Huntington area. Improving our health and building a stable local foods economy are two of our goals. We also want to develop Huntington into a dining destination that attracts people from other areas to Huntington to enjoy of food and culture. And since this is a community driven project, we are helping to involve and build our local community as well.
We have many small farms (small by National Standards that is) that produce excellent food including pork, beef, poultry, diary, eggs, and more varieties of produce than you could imagine. Increasing the demand will help these farmers grow their farms and make a living wage, which, in turn, puts more money back into the local economy, benefitting everyone. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN project!!