- Huntington Art Walk Resumes Thursday in Downtown; Author at Adell's Antiques
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- Jacobs-Jones named senior vice president for operations
- OP-ED: Life Near the Mexican Border
- Advertising majors win district competition
- Mayor Tells Comcast, "Folks Aren't Happy...."
- Art Walk to Resume Thursday in Huntington
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Not Cool': Gutfeld at His Best
- BOOK REVIEW: 'A Quick Guide to Freemasonry': You've Got Questions, David Harrison Has the Answers
- CONSUMER ALERT: Jury Duty Phishing Scam; Verified by Snopes
30 Mile Huntington Project
We are working to educate the public, bring farmers and buyers together, and increase the availability of fresh, local foods in the Huntington area. Improving our health and building a stable local foods economy are two of our goals. We also want to develop Huntington into a dining destination that attracts people from other areas to Huntington to enjoy of food and culture. And since this is a community driven project, we are helping to involve and build our local community as well.
We have many small farms (small by National Standards that is) that produce excellent food including pork, beef, poultry, diary, eggs, and more varieties of produce than you could imagine. Increasing the demand will help these farmers grow their farms and make a living wage, which, in turn, puts more money back into the local economy, benefitting everyone. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN project!!