- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Nelsonville Music Festival is This Weekend, June 2-5 with 73 acts
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
- Huntington Police Report May 29, 2016
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- Coffee with a Cop June 1 in Downtown Huntington
- Two pill dealers sentenced to Federal prison for drug crimes
- IMAGES from Ironton's 2016 Memorial Day Parade
30 Mile Huntington Project
We are working to educate the public, bring farmers and buyers together, and increase the availability of fresh, local foods in the Huntington area. Improving our health and building a stable local foods economy are two of our goals. We also want to develop Huntington into a dining destination that attracts people from other areas to Huntington to enjoy of food and culture. And since this is a community driven project, we are helping to involve and build our local community as well.
We have many small farms (small by National Standards that is) that produce excellent food including pork, beef, poultry, diary, eggs, and more varieties of produce than you could imagine. Increasing the demand will help these farmers grow their farms and make a living wage, which, in turn, puts more money back into the local economy, benefitting everyone. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN project!!