- Man Arrested in West End of Huntingtotn for Possession
- Marshall University’s Department of Communication Disorders to honor former faculty member for $100K contribution
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- CSB Releases Final Report into 2014 Freedom Industries Mass Contamination of Charleston, West Virginia Drinking Water
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Attorney General Morrisey Fights To Protect Coal Jobs At Crucial Moment
- Huntington Wins Stabilization Award
- Columbus Police Issue Heroin Destruction Order after more than 30 Overdoses
- LOCKMED Hopes to Bring Awareness of Securing Medication During National Medicine Abuse Awareness Month
30 Mile Huntington Project
We are working to educate the public, bring farmers and buyers together, and increase the availability of fresh, local foods in the Huntington area. Improving our health and building a stable local foods economy are two of our goals. We also want to develop Huntington into a dining destination that attracts people from other areas to Huntington to enjoy of food and culture. And since this is a community driven project, we are helping to involve and build our local community as well.
We have many small farms (small by National Standards that is) that produce excellent food including pork, beef, poultry, diary, eggs, and more varieties of produce than you could imagine. Increasing the demand will help these farmers grow their farms and make a living wage, which, in turn, puts more money back into the local economy, benefitting everyone. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN project!!