- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marquee Pullman & Pullman Square Turn 10
- Top Films of 2014 with Guest Expert Input
- Council Asked to Approve Budget Restraints Following Negative Projection
- US Attorney Collects Over $8 Million for Taxpayers
- "Mockingjay Part One" Evokes Symbolism, Thought, Less Hunting
- Marshall University receives in-kind software grant from Siemens PLM Software
- Local writers Marie Manilla and Nicole Lawrence to read from their work at Marshall University
- Marshall Men's Basketball: Herd Falls to Seventh-Ranked Louisville, 85-67
- Highlanders Triumph Over Midland
30 Mile Huntington Project
We are working to educate the public, bring farmers and buyers together, and increase the availability of fresh, local foods in the Huntington area. Improving our health and building a stable local foods economy are two of our goals. We also want to develop Huntington into a dining destination that attracts people from other areas to Huntington to enjoy of food and culture. And since this is a community driven project, we are helping to involve and build our local community as well.
We have many small farms (small by National Standards that is) that produce excellent food including pork, beef, poultry, diary, eggs, and more varieties of produce than you could imagine. Increasing the demand will help these farmers grow their farms and make a living wage, which, in turn, puts more money back into the local economy, benefitting everyone. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN project!!