- Q and A with Mayor Steve Williams: Audits ALWAYS have Findings....
- Huntington Audit Recommendations Spur City Council Disagreement
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- Motown Experience to Raise Funds for Keith Albee
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Find New Lows for 2014
- Huntington Buns on Bikes Race IMAGES
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- CFPB Takes Action to End Student 'Debt Relief' Scams; CFPB Warns Borrowers About Companies Charging High Fees for Free Federal Loan Repayment Programs
- Mardi Gras Masquerade at Twin Falls State Park for New Year’s Eve
30 Mile Huntington Project
We are working to educate the public, bring farmers and buyers together, and increase the availability of fresh, local foods in the Huntington area. Improving our health and building a stable local foods economy are two of our goals. We also want to develop Huntington into a dining destination that attracts people from other areas to Huntington to enjoy of food and culture. And since this is a community driven project, we are helping to involve and build our local community as well.
We have many small farms (small by National Standards that is) that produce excellent food including pork, beef, poultry, diary, eggs, and more varieties of produce than you could imagine. Increasing the demand will help these farmers grow their farms and make a living wage, which, in turn, puts more money back into the local economy, benefitting everyone. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN project!!