- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Feb. 27, 2015
- Chairman Caserta Does Not Favor "Pulling Monies" from Accounts
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- EPA Orders CSX to Clean up Areas Impacted by West Virginia Train Derailment
- West Virginia Senate Unanimously Passes Asbestos Bankruptcy Trust Claims Transparency Act
- Cabell Midland Downs Capitol High in Girls Basketball
- Huntington Mayor's Budget Puts Possible Fee Increase Decisions on City Council's Plate
- Thundering Herd Snaps Skid, Upends UTEP
30 Mile Huntington Project
We are working to educate the public, bring farmers and buyers together, and increase the availability of fresh, local foods in the Huntington area. Improving our health and building a stable local foods economy are two of our goals. We also want to develop Huntington into a dining destination that attracts people from other areas to Huntington to enjoy of food and culture. And since this is a community driven project, we are helping to involve and build our local community as well.
We have many small farms (small by National Standards that is) that produce excellent food including pork, beef, poultry, diary, eggs, and more varieties of produce than you could imagine. Increasing the demand will help these farmers grow their farms and make a living wage, which, in turn, puts more money back into the local economy, benefitting everyone. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN project!!