- No Layoff Decisions on Looming Huntington Deficit; Police Car Purchase Put Off
- Man Dies After Double Shooting on Huntington's Ninth Avenue
- W.Va. AG Collaboration Prosecutes Ponzi Scheme, Nets Significant Prison Sentence
- Former office manager of Mountain State Justice pleads guilty for embezzling over $1.5 million
- Huntington Awaits Plans for Curtailing Budget Overages
- Black History Month to be observed in a variety of ways at Marshall
- HMDA Meets Monday Afternoon
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Presidential Memorandum Regarding the Hiring Freeze
30 Mile Huntington Project
We are working to educate the public, bring farmers and buyers together, and increase the availability of fresh, local foods in the Huntington area. Improving our health and building a stable local foods economy are two of our goals. We also want to develop Huntington into a dining destination that attracts people from other areas to Huntington to enjoy of food and culture. And since this is a community driven project, we are helping to involve and build our local community as well.
We have many small farms (small by National Standards that is) that produce excellent food including pork, beef, poultry, diary, eggs, and more varieties of produce than you could imagine. Increasing the demand will help these farmers grow their farms and make a living wage, which, in turn, puts more money back into the local economy, benefitting everyone. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN project!!