- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- Labor Hall of Fame Inductees
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- April Rotary Park Hike Scheduled
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- UPDATING ... 'Avengers' Let's Get to Work Oblitering ...CHECK TIMES
WMUL faculty manager selected for state's Broadcasting Hall of Fame
"My thanks go to all of our past and present students and engineering support staff at WMUL-FM who have defined greatness over the past 28 years at Marshall University." Bailey and eight others who make up the Class of 2013 will be inducted Saturday, Oct. 12, in a ceremony at the Museum of Radio and Technology in Huntington.
The addition of these nine brings the total number in the hall of fame to 176. The initial 61 members were inducted on Sept. 16, 2006. Bailey has been at the helm of WMUL-FM as faculty manager since 1985. During the past 28 years, WMUL's student broadcasters have received 1,335 awards.
Bailey has received the Lifetime Achievement Award (2007) from the West Virginia AP Broadcasters Association and the John Marshall Award for Extraordinary Service to West Virginia Higher Education (2000).