- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
WMUL faculty manager selected for state's Broadcasting Hall of Fame
"My thanks go to all of our past and present students and engineering support staff at WMUL-FM who have defined greatness over the past 28 years at Marshall University." Bailey and eight others who make up the Class of 2013 will be inducted Saturday, Oct. 12, in a ceremony at the Museum of Radio and Technology in Huntington.
The addition of these nine brings the total number in the hall of fame to 176. The initial 61 members were inducted on Sept. 16, 2006. Bailey has been at the helm of WMUL-FM as faculty manager since 1985. During the past 28 years, WMUL's student broadcasters have received 1,335 awards.
Bailey has received the Lifetime Achievement Award (2007) from the West Virginia AP Broadcasters Association and the John Marshall Award for Extraordinary Service to West Virginia Higher Education (2000).