- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 2, 2014
- "If I Stay" Touching, but Confusing
- "Identical" Faces "Guardians"
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
Tickets still available for Paint the Capital City Green
Ticket holders will be entered into a drawing to win free game tickets and hotel accommodations for the Thundering Herd's game with Florida Atlantic University Saturday, Oct. 12, in Boca Raton, Fla. To order tickets or sponsor a table, contact the Big Green Scholarship Foundation at 304-696-7138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual tickets are $50 and won't be sold at the door. Festivities begin at 6:30 p.m. and the formal program begins at 7:30 p.m.
Thundering Herd fans will hear from Doc Holliday, Marshall University's head football coach, athletic director Mike Hamrick and President Stephen J. Kopp as well as all senior players on this year's team as they speak about the future of Marshall University football.
Fans also will enjoy a pep rally atmosphere that includes a tailgate spread, entertainment by mascot Marco, the cheerleading squad, dance team and members of the Marshall University Marching Thunder.
The event, presented by Friends of Coal and supported in part by Huntington Bank, is the nation's largest indoor pep rally for Thundering Herd alumni, fans and friends. Paint the Capital City Green is hosted by the Big Green Scholarship Foundation and the Marshall University Alumni Association and event proceeds benefit those two organizations.