- Sixteen individuals, Mid-Ohio Valley Club to be honored at awards banquet
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 23, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Opposite of Loneliness': Marina Keegan's Posthumous Collection of Essays, Stories
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How to Write Anything: When Laura Brown Says 'Anything', She Means 'Anything'
- City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
- ANALYSIS: Huntington Pilot Plant Oak Ridge-DOE Documents May Provide New Hope for Workers Denied Cold Standby Compensation
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saturday, April 26 is Confederate Memorial Day
- More than 100,000 Had Symptoms During Elk River Water Spill
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Apr. 22, 2014
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Happy Birthday, Will Shakespeare; Words and Phrases You Created Will Live Forever
Tickets still available for Paint the Capital City Green
Ticket holders will be entered into a drawing to win free game tickets and hotel accommodations for the Thundering Herd's game with Florida Atlantic University Saturday, Oct. 12, in Boca Raton, Fla. To order tickets or sponsor a table, contact the Big Green Scholarship Foundation at 304-696-7138 or email@example.com.
Individual tickets are $50 and won't be sold at the door. Festivities begin at 6:30 p.m. and the formal program begins at 7:30 p.m.
Thundering Herd fans will hear from Doc Holliday, Marshall University's head football coach, athletic director Mike Hamrick and President Stephen J. Kopp as well as all senior players on this year's team as they speak about the future of Marshall University football.
Fans also will enjoy a pep rally atmosphere that includes a tailgate spread, entertainment by mascot Marco, the cheerleading squad, dance team and members of the Marshall University Marching Thunder.
The event, presented by Friends of Coal and supported in part by Huntington Bank, is the nation's largest indoor pep rally for Thundering Herd alumni, fans and friends. Paint the Capital City Green is hosted by the Big Green Scholarship Foundation and the Marshall University Alumni Association and event proceeds benefit those two organizations.