- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Firefighters Battle Flames on Johnstown Road
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- Huntington Frames a Freedom from Addiction Independence Day
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Jamming at Jewel City Jamboree
Tickets still available for Paint the Capital City Green
Ticket holders will be entered into a drawing to win free game tickets and hotel accommodations for the Thundering Herd's game with Florida Atlantic University Saturday, Oct. 12, in Boca Raton, Fla. To order tickets or sponsor a table, contact the Big Green Scholarship Foundation at 304-696-7138 or email@example.com.
Individual tickets are $50 and won't be sold at the door. Festivities begin at 6:30 p.m. and the formal program begins at 7:30 p.m.
Thundering Herd fans will hear from Doc Holliday, Marshall University's head football coach, athletic director Mike Hamrick and President Stephen J. Kopp as well as all senior players on this year's team as they speak about the future of Marshall University football.
Fans also will enjoy a pep rally atmosphere that includes a tailgate spread, entertainment by mascot Marco, the cheerleading squad, dance team and members of the Marshall University Marching Thunder.
The event, presented by Friends of Coal and supported in part by Huntington Bank, is the nation's largest indoor pep rally for Thundering Herd alumni, fans and friends. Paint the Capital City Green is hosted by the Big Green Scholarship Foundation and the Marshall University Alumni Association and event proceeds benefit those two organizations.