- Nelsonville Music Festival is This Weekend, June 2-5 with 73 acts
- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- Huntington Police Report May 29, 2016
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- IMAGES from Ironton's 2016 Memorial Day Parade
- Coffee with a Cop June 1 in Downtown Huntington
- AARP Seeks Nominees for Community Service Award
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
Tickets still available for Paint the Capital City Green
Ticket holders will be entered into a drawing to win free game tickets and hotel accommodations for the Thundering Herd's game with Florida Atlantic University Saturday, Oct. 12, in Boca Raton, Fla. To order tickets or sponsor a table, contact the Big Green Scholarship Foundation at 304-696-7138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual tickets are $50 and won't be sold at the door. Festivities begin at 6:30 p.m. and the formal program begins at 7:30 p.m.
Thundering Herd fans will hear from Doc Holliday, Marshall University's head football coach, athletic director Mike Hamrick and President Stephen J. Kopp as well as all senior players on this year's team as they speak about the future of Marshall University football.
Fans also will enjoy a pep rally atmosphere that includes a tailgate spread, entertainment by mascot Marco, the cheerleading squad, dance team and members of the Marshall University Marching Thunder.
The event, presented by Friends of Coal and supported in part by Huntington Bank, is the nation's largest indoor pep rally for Thundering Herd alumni, fans and friends. Paint the Capital City Green is hosted by the Big Green Scholarship Foundation and the Marshall University Alumni Association and event proceeds benefit those two organizations.