- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- United States Mint Announces 2014 America the Beautiful Quarters® Program Coin Designs
- CD REVIEW: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Releases All-Sibelius Album Featuring Symphony No. 6 in D Minor, Symphony No. 7 in C Major and Tone Poem 'Tapiola'
- Rice to Host Marshall in 2013 Football Championship Game
- REALTYTRAC: Foreclosure Auction Sales, Bank-Owned Sales Increase from Year Ago in October Even as Short Sales Decline
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: The Best, The Worst, and 'It's a Wonderful Life'
Tickets still available for Paint the Capital City Green
Ticket holders will be entered into a drawing to win free game tickets and hotel accommodations for the Thundering Herd's game with Florida Atlantic University Saturday, Oct. 12, in Boca Raton, Fla. To order tickets or sponsor a table, contact the Big Green Scholarship Foundation at 304-696-7138 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual tickets are $50 and won't be sold at the door. Festivities begin at 6:30 p.m. and the formal program begins at 7:30 p.m.
Thundering Herd fans will hear from Doc Holliday, Marshall University's head football coach, athletic director Mike Hamrick and President Stephen J. Kopp as well as all senior players on this year's team as they speak about the future of Marshall University football.
Fans also will enjoy a pep rally atmosphere that includes a tailgate spread, entertainment by mascot Marco, the cheerleading squad, dance team and members of the Marshall University Marching Thunder.
The event, presented by Friends of Coal and supported in part by Huntington Bank, is the nation's largest indoor pep rally for Thundering Herd alumni, fans and friends. Paint the Capital City Green is hosted by the Big Green Scholarship Foundation and the Marshall University Alumni Association and event proceeds benefit those two organizations.