- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
- Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- Scheme involving thousands of prescription pain pills ends in jail time for Logan brothers
- Chants of 'We Are ... Marshall' planned nationwide as Herd battles Rice in Conference USA title game
- Huntington City Council Agenda
- BREAKING... Condolences to Huntington Mayor Steve Williams & Family on the Passing of his Dad.
Marshall University named a contender for 'The South's Best Tailgate' by Southern Living; Readers will determine the winner
Fans are encouraged to rally around their favorite Southern team and vote daily on southernliving.com/tailgate or via smartphone by scanning the corresponding image in the September issue with the Digimarc Discover app. One vote per person per day is counted toward the final tally, and votes cast on Saturday count twice. Voters are entered daily for a chance to win $2,500 toward an ultimate tailgate. Southern Living will crown the winner of "The South's Best Tailgate" at a home game this fall.
The schools vying for "The South's Best Tailgate" include Marshall University, Appalachian State University, Clemson University, Florida State University, Louisiana State University, Oklahoma State University, Texas A&M University, University of Alabama, University of Georgia, University of Mississippi, University of Tennessee, University of Texas, Vanderbilt University, Virginia Tech and West Virginia University.
Southern Living chose the universities based on the following criteria:
- Most spirited
- Style Setters