- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- Rice to Host Marshall in 2013 Football Championship Game
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- Huntington City Council Agenda
- CD REVIEW: Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Releases All-Sibelius Album Featuring Symphony No. 6 in D Minor, Symphony No. 7 in C Major and Tone Poem 'Tapiola'
Welcome Week Block Party Wednesday at Rec Center
The three-point contest will take place at 9:15 p.m., 10:15 p.m., and 11:15 p.m. The winners of these games will receive prizes and giveaways such as gift cards from Sun Tan City, Marshall University rain ponchos, a gift basket from the Pottery Place, and Marshall T-shirts and bags courtesy of Graphic Solutions. A free demo of the group fitness Hip Hop Class will take place at 9:30 p.m.
Area pizza restaurants will participate in a Pizza Challenge from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Those invited include Daniello's, Domino's, Gino's, Pizza Hut, Slyce, Papa John's and DP Dough. These restaurants will bring samples of their pizza for people to try, and participants can vote on their favorites. At 11 p.m. the best pizza on campus will be announced. The event is free to the public.