- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- UPDATED LINKS: Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- WORK SESSION: Council Holds Solemn Preparation, While Discussing Skatepark, Comprehensive Plan
- Day Three: Stewart Receives 2013 NMPA Myers Brothers Award
- Police seized hundreds of thousands in cash, firearms and pills during investigation
- Huntington Mayor's Dad, Dr. Don Williams Passes
- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
- BREAKING... Condolences to Huntington Mayor Steve Williams & Family on the Passing of his Dad.
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- Fan celebration planned before Marshall-WVU basketball game
Joan C Edwards School of Medicine Resident Elected to National Post
Becher was elected to the national post by her peers at the AAFP'S National Conference of Family Residents and Medical Students last month. She will serve as the sole resident member on the AAFP's board of directors representing more than 3,000 family medicine residents nationwide.
"Dr. Becher is the quintessential family doctor. She is engaged with her patients, cares about her community and is always looking for ways to improve medicine," said Dr. John Walden, chair of the Department of Family and Community Health. "I cannot speak highly enough of her dedication to improve the health care outcomes of West Virginians and others in the Appalachian region. She is an outstanding ambassador for our school and our state. "
Becher, who grew up in West Virginia and graduated from the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine in 2011, is in her third and final year of residency and serves as one of the department's chief residents. Highly interested in health policy and reform advocacy, Becher also serves as one of Marshall's Paul Ambrose Health Policy Fellows. Following residency, Becher plans on working in Clay County for Community Care of West Virginia.