- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Veterans Day Celebration 2015 IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- RETRO: Huntington Christmas Parade IMAGES
- "Creed" Punches it's Way into "Rocky's" Championship Heritage
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- Huntington's A D Lewis Center Hosts Pre Thanksgiving Dinner IMAGES
More than 100 Vendors Participate in Rec Fest
RecFest is from noon to 3 p.m., and the first 500 to enter the free event will receive a free Marshall water bottle. Live music will be performed by the band Violet Hill throughout the afternoon.Students are invited to learn about Marshall University student organizations and groups, and businesses and churches from around Huntington, during RecFest.
"It's a great chance for students to become familiar with local Huntington businesses and it's a great opportunity for them to socialize and have fun," said RecFest Coordinator Kayla Dodd. "There are a ton of giveaways this year, too, so participants should walk away with some pretty nice stuff."
Week of Welcome starts Wednesday, Aug. 21, at Marshall University. Fall classes begin Monday, Aug. 26. Some of the organizations represented at RecFest include fraternities, sororities, restaurants, banks, retailers and religious organizations.
"We are really excited about the wide variety of vendors that are joining us this year. It's going to be the best RecFest we've seen thus far," said Michele Muth, assistant director of the center. Some of the first-time vendors include West Virginia Skydivers, La Famiglia, Cold Stone Creamery and Brown Dog Yoga.
The presenting sponsors include the Color Run and Chase Bank, as well as Huntington Physical Therapy, HIT Center, Med Express, Verizon and the Campus Activity Board. Some items the vendors will be giving away include an Xbox, iPad 2, bicycle, computer, gift cards, shoes, gift baskets, coupons and food. Fitness demos by some of the vendors are planned, so participants are encouraged to wear workout clothes.
Also, the climbing wall at the Rec Center will also be available to try out.Participants may share their RecFest photos and posts by using the hashtag "#RecFest" on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Vine.