- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- Huntington City Council Agenda
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- Send Off Planned for Huntington Highlanders to State Championship
- Chants of 'We Are ... Marshall' planned nationwide as Herd battles Rice in Conference USA title game
- Scheme involving thousands of prescription pain pills ends in jail time for Logan brothers
Marshall Fans Initiate Wear Green Fridays
The university kicks off Green Fridays on Aug. 30 by participating in the ninth annual National College Colors Day. Fans across the nation are encouraged to wear their college colors and support their favorite university. College Colors Day, organized by the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), coincides with "back to school" and the kickoff of intercollegiate athletics.
By participating in College Colors Day, Marshall is continuing a tradition of encouraging fans to wear their Marshall gear on this special day. The Green Fridays promotion continues throughout the season. Marshall University employees, students and fans everywhere are encouraged to participate in Green Fridays to show their pride throughout the season.
In addition, employees of local businesses, schools and organizations may take part in a contest in which they wear their Marshall gear and have a chance to win prizes from the university. Participants must register with Mallory Jarrell, Marshall University Marketing and Branding Coordinator, to be eligible to win. Registration is available at www.marshall.edu/greenfridays.
Participants need to submit their location and the number of participating employees. A winner will be chosen every Friday before a home football game. Fans also have the opportunity to win prizes this year with the Fan of the Week contest. Herd fans may submit a photo of themselves in their Marshall gear through the contest page at www.facebook.com/marshallu to be eligible.
A Fan of the Week will also be chosen every Friday before a home football game throughout football season. Winners will be notified by e-mail and will receive a $50 gift card to the Marshall University bookstore. They also will be entered in the grand prize drawing for a $150 gift card to the bookstore. For more information, contact Jarrell at 304-696-3490 or by e-mail at email@example.com. -