- DEVELOPING...Gunman Dies After Shooting at Bar on Huntington's Fourth Avenue
- Search for Missing Huntington Man Underway
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2013
- Marshall Names Temple’s Chuck Heater as Defensive Coordinator
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Report: Few Consumers File Arbitration Cases
- OP-ED: Masculinity Question Still Missing Post Newtown
- Huntington Hires Communications Director
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Accent Chairs, Doddlebutt Toys, and Other Product Recalls
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 11, 2013
Go Scream Alot at "You're Next"
Three films have reawakened the astute art of creating nightmares inside a home.
“You’re Next” joins “The Purge” and “Conjuring” by confining a small group to isolated surroundings where neither man nor woman has a prayer against evil lurking in the hearts and brains of one, two, or three mostly humans.
“Purge” turned neighbor against neighbor in a twelve hour murderer goes free period and “Conjuring” unleashed a supernatural force upon an ordinary farm family. “You’re Next” turns a palatial modern mansion into rooms from “Motel Hell,” with a who’s next count naming mom, dad, sister and brother.
Graduate student Erin (Sharni Vinson) to visit her boyfriend’s parents at an isolated upper class retreat, which will be besieged by men in a lamb head, fox head and tiger head sending deadly crossbow arrows into the sanctuary of the family abode.
The open ripples with a relaxed after a romp in the hay. As a gal clad in a fluffed unbuttoned shirt , underwear, and knee socks looks for refreshment in the fridge, her partner’s shower becomes a “Psycho” mess (think Jody Arias ?) . This homage to slashing comes after sexual immorality pays homage to a favorite formula from the “Friday the 13th” era.
The wealthy family reunion unfolds with “Ten Little Indians” subtraction and “Clue”-esque happened in nearly every room. And, the spins and twists continue once the masks come off and the axes amputate.
Suffice to conclude a bloody disastrous plan jolts scene after scene and everyone experiences physical trauma by the climax. Go scream a lot.