- BOOK NOTES: 'Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle: Transform Your Body Forever Using the Secrets of the Leanest People in the World' Revised Edition
- Day One: NASCAR Champion’s Week In Las Vegas Officially Begins
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 3, 2013
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 4, 2013
- Additive Manufacturing Class at RCBI offers Overview of 3D Printing
- Dangerous Hydrogen Fluoride Among Water Emissions Sent to Huntington Waste Treatment Plant According to EPA
- Huntington City Council Agenda
- Students Fueling Success of Cabell County Schools Farm to School Effort
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: 74th Anniversary of ‘Gone with the Wind’ Premiere
- NASCAR: Jimmie Johnson Celebrates Sixth Title With Eye On A Seventh
Huntington City Council Brief Summary
In addition, council approved the resolution for the emergency barge securing request of the Williams administration.
Of the first readings, council approved an amendment to the Good and Welfare proposal. By a 7-4 vote, the time will remain five minutes, but the segment will still be moved to the end of the agenda.
A modification of the Honeywell energy conservation contract will go before the Finance Committee prior to a second reading. The Finance Committee meeting will tentatively meet on the Thursday before the next work session.
Mayor Steve Williams announced ratification of a collective bargaining agreement with Huntington Sanitary Board employes. Williams said that 63$ of the members of Local 2531 voted in favor of the contract. It must now be approved by the Sanitary Board.
Police Chief Skip Holbrook asked for approval of an ordinance that will install video surveillance and audio systems into 24 front-line police cruisers. The $157,119 contract will be a three year lease purchase. Chief Holbrook explained that the systems record audio and video of officer interaction which will assist in further elevating officer safety and already high integrity levels. The camera will assist in reducing liability issues too for the department.
Additional details will be published soon. Check back on the HNN page.