- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- University of Maryland Accepts Bid To The 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Guest Column
- Ellen Wilson First Spouse Gold Coin Available December 9
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Eternal Wonder': Pearl Buck's Last Novel Manuscript Discovered in Texas Storage Unit
- EDITORIAL: Hypocritical Harry Gives Obamacare Another Surprise Blow
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
- BOOK REVIEW: Part 4 of Review of David Stockman's 'The Great Deformation': Social Security, Glass-Steagall, 'Hayseed Coalition', Subprime Crony Capitalism
Sanitary Collective Bargaining Agreement Approved by Board
Williams and Alex Vence voted for the agreement. Board member Garry Black objected to the binding arbitration portion.
Mayor Steve Williams had announced at the Monday council meeting that the employees approved the contract, with Local 2531, Like the collective bargaining agreements approved with the city’s other unions, no pay increase is included; however, the raises may be “reopened” in January of each year, which coincides to the preparation phase of the Mayor’s State of the City Address and council’s annual budgetary hearings.
The Mayor has been given authority by the Board to search for an interim executive director. He will do so in consultation with other board members.
No further details on Anderson’s resignation were discussed during Wednesday afternoon meeting. HNN had received numerous complaints concerning non-timely service by phone to residents. Some of the concerns relate to the separate billing by the HSB.