- Marshall Names Temple’s Chuck Heater as Defensive Coordinator
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 11, 2013
- Marshall University Board approves 10-year Master Plan
- Highlawn Baptist Church, Various Items to Sell at Auction
- Home Builders, Realtors Applaud Melvin Watt's Senate Confirmation as Director of Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- DEA NEWS: Greek National Pleads Guilty in Narco-Terror Conspiracy
- Huntington Hires Communications Director
- OP-ED: Masculinity Question Still Missing Post Newtown
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Report: Few Consumers File Arbitration Cases
- Prepared Remarks of Richard Cordray of CFPB on CareCredit Enforcement Action
Simmons Nets Lone Goal for the Herd in 1-1 Split Decision with Akron
In the 27th minute, junior Myka Demarco set up the opportunity for Simmons, who struck from about a yard in front of the goal. So far this season, DeMarco has two assists, and the Herd is 1-1-1 when Simmons finds the net.
Lani Smith evened the score for Akron in the 71st minute, scoring off a pass from Karina Atkinson in the left corner of the box. Neither team could find a golden goal in overtime, and the match ended in a 1-1 split decision after 110 minutes.
Junior Lizzie Kish spent all 110 minutes in goal for the Herd, making six saves and taking one goal against. Klaire Adee made eight saves on the day for Akron and took one goal against.
Overall, the Herd led in shots (19-10) and both teams took four corner kicks.
Next, Marshall makes its first road trip of the season, traveling to Philadelphia to take on Temple (Friday, Sept. 6) and La Salle (Sunday, Sept. 8).