- University of Maryland Accepts Bid To The 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- EDITORIAL: Hypocritical Harry Gives Obamacare Another Surprise Blow
- Guest Column
- Marshall Accepts Bid to 2013 Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
- Richard Cordray, Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Discusses Mortgage Rules at Consumer Federation of America Meeting
- Uranium Hexafluoride Truck Incident in 2009 Closed I-64; Incident in 2013 on I-81
- FLASHBACK: Major Huntington Landfill Contaminants Could Relate to Solvents or to Cold War Activities at Uranium Processing Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 6, 2013
- Marshall Falls to Rice in Conference USA Football Championship
- FLASHBACK: Transcripts Reveal Technetium, Neptunium and Plutonium at Huntington Pilot Plant Concern Over Parking Lot Radiation Expressed
Huntington Sanitary Board not Under Investigation by DEP
Cosco in an email to HNN Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 3, stated:
To my knowledge, the DEP has not opened an investigation regarding the Sanitary Board’s action. The DEP had issued its own violations prior to the Sanitary Boards recent actions. And we have no rules that regulate how the sanitary board deals with these issues in their meetings.
I have spoken to our chief of Environmental Enforcement, and the DEP does not have an investigation of this issue. The USEPA may be doing its own investigation or may be involved in some way, but we do not have any active involvement with what is going on with the Sanitary Board.
Some of the larger municipal wastewater treatment plants have what is called pretreatment authority, which means their permits allow them to not only treat the wastewater from the citizens in their communities, but they can take wastewater from industrial clients also, who have to treat their discharges to a certain point outlined by the water treatment facility. They set their own parameters based on what their permits from the state say they must meet.
- WV DEP Hazardous Waste Settlement Agreement (649.9 KB)
- 2001 Pat's Branch Water Quality Report (305.81 KB)
- EPA 2009 INSPECTION and CONCERNS SPECIAL METALS HGTN ALLOYS (74.88 KB)